Which access point is best for the router Archer CS3200?

2024-03-21 15:47:03

I have a Archer CS3200 (tri-band router) in our living room (second floor) but the wifi on 2,4 Ghz and on the two 5 Ghz band didn't reach our bedrooms (third floor). So I want to buy an access point that can extend the wifi-bands (2,4 Ghz and 5 Ghz). I have also a telenet modem with no wifi in the cellar (floor -1). I have ethernet cables cat6 from the cellar to the living room (second floor where Archer CS3200 is) and to the third floor where the bedrooms are. I want one access point on the third floor on the wall and one access point on the first floor. on the second floor there is no acess point needed because the archer CS3200 is there. The Archer CS3200 is a tri-band router. I prefer 2 access points instead of a mesh router because of the better performance. I use the app tether. Wich access point of TP-link is best? I prefer a simultanouis dual-band or a tri-band. I want no much configuration. 

Are the EAP650-wall or EAP650 ok? Is the wall version simultanious dual-band? Are they compatible with archer CS3200 without much configuration? Or Should I use a Deco Access point? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Which access point is best for the router Archer CS3200?
2024-03-22 07:33:45

@hejhejhej 

The port on first floor and third floor come from LAN port of the cellar or LAN port of Archer C3200?

If they are from LAN port of cellar, it is not relevant to the Archer C3200, and you have to confirm if the cellar is a router or just a modem, because you could not connect multiple access points or routers to a pure modem.

Options