Deco units keep adding automatically to different account.

2024-03-22 17:13:28
Model: Deco X25  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all.

I have an issue I was hoping to get some assistance with. I bought two 3 pack of X25 Deco units. I want to use 1 X25 Deco unit by itself somewhere else in access point mode. I was able to use one from the 2nd 3 pack of X25 Deco units to do this. I created a different TP Link account (X1) to administrate this one.

I setup the 1st 3 pack without issue with a new different TP Link (X2) account. The issue I'm running into is from the reminaing two units from the 2nd pack of 3. I want to use them on the X2 account I created for the 1st 3 pack. The problem is everytime I go to setup for the remaining two X25 Deco units they keep trying to add to the X1 account from the not and not from the account from the 1st 3. I've manually reset them but they still keep looking for the other account.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco units keep adding automatically to different account.
2024-03-23 08:05:42

@packerman First if all, why the hell do you need 6 units of Deco X25 for???

Second, you don't need separate accounts for different networks. You can have multiple networks under the same "owner" account.

Third, you need to be on the X2 account to add those 2 decos.

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2024-03-23 12:25:33
Are you signed into the app with the correct ID? Have you selected the correct network in the app before adding them?
Options
2024-03-23 14:47:24

@packerman How do you manage two accounts?  Using two phones, one account on each phone?

What is the led status of the "remaining two X25 Deco units"?

Options
2024-03-25 09:33:33

@packerman 

Hi,

The Mesh units (Wi-Fi 6/6E/7 models) in the same pack are pre-configured. So if the first one has been successfully added to the Deco APP, the rest two units(within the Wi-Fi coverage) will automatically join into the same Mesh system.

So if you plan to set the units in the same pack under different TP-Link email accounts, please try to make sure the first unit has been powered off, or move other units out of the WiFi range from the first unit.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 120

Replies: 4

Related Articles