Access point with TL-WA850RE doesn't recognize internet from Ethernet cable.

2024-03-26 18:15:16
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 850RE_V7_211117

Hey TP-LINK comunity!

Please help! I'm having this problem for a long time! This is my last shot! Hope someone can solve it

I'm using an TL-WA850RE as access point (updated the Firmware Version to the last version, downloaded it from https://www.tp-link.com/br/support/download/tl-wa850re/#Firmware), using an Ethernet cable from the router/wifi 1 and plugging the Ethernet cable in the Tp-link extender.

The first thing I do when start the configs is change the mode from extender mode to access point mode (Doing so, the DHCP should be disregarded or desable by default, right?).

The problem:

The extender does not recognize the internet from the Ethernet cable. If i plug the same cable in the desktop, the internet works fine.

What can i change to make this works? I've already tried everything!! For example: Changed the IP from the extender as a fixed IP, automatic IP, disabled the DHCP, enabled DHCP (this made the wifi unconnectable). I think there's some configuration I'm missing to make it works.

PS: My router/wifi1 doesn't have a WAN port, only LAN. All other equipments like mobiles/laptops/desktops connect on the wifi 1 just fine (by wifi or ethernet cable). 

PS2: Didn't tryed to set as an exterder, since the distance from the router is too far.

Thanks in advance.

301ce 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Access point with TL-WA850RE doesn't recognize internet from Ethernet cable.
2024-03-27 07:36:20

@301Ce 

Hi, May I know the model number of your router?

Have you set up any access control or Whitelist on the main router?

It is suggested to reset 850RE once and set it into Access Point again;

Then without further configuration, please try to check the IP settings on the 850RE.

-It is highly appreciated that you could attach a picture here:

Options