Archer TXE72E connects to my router but I don't have connection to the internet

2024-04-01 18:05:06 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Archer TXE72E  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I've recently purchased an Archer TXE72E and installed it on my PC (Windows 11)

Everything was working like a dream for the past week until yesterday when I couldn't connect to the internet.

My TP-Link can connect to my router which is working fine since other devices (laptops, mobiles, iPads) are connected to it without any issues, but no data is sent or received.

When I try to ping my default gateway, I get a Request timed out message. 

But, as soon as I connect the adapter to my mobile hotspot, everything works perfectly and my internet access is restored. There are absolutely no issues with the mobile hotspot connection.

Things I've tried:

• I've uninstalled the device and re-installed the latest drivers from the website (22.250_Win10_Win11)
  • I've rebooted the system several times
  • I've removed the router connection (forget network) and added it again
  • I've disabled IPV6 and re-enabled it
  • I've checked my router settings and there are no limits or restrictions whatsoever

I'm running out of ideas on how to troubleshoot my issue and I would appreciate any help.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer TXE72E connects to my router but I don't have connection to the internet-Solution
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@David-TP 

Hi and thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

Do you test the adapter is unable to get internet on either 2.4GHz or 5GHz, even 6GHz?

Thanks to your question, I tested the different channels and noticed that I only had access to the internet on the 2.4GHz channel. I contacted my Internet provider and they informed me that my router doesn't support WiFi 6 and that I had to create separate channels for 2.4 and 5GHz.

Once done, my speeds went back up and I now have access to the 5GHz channels.

I just need to change my router to a new model that supports WiFi 6.

Thank you again for your help and support

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer TXE72E connects to my router but I don't have connection to the internet
2024-04-02 05:59:50

@Razor_t 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know the model number of your wireless router?

Do you test the adapter is unable to get internet on either 2.4GHz or 5GHz, even 6GHz?

Can I have a screenshot of the IP settings when it is connected to the router?

By the way, is Archer TXE72E the only device that couldn't get internet from the router?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Archer TXE72E connects to my router but I don't have connection to the internet-Solution
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@David-TP 

Hi and thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

Thanks to your question, I tested the different channels and noticed that I only had access to the internet on the 2.4GHz channel. I contacted my Internet provider and they informed me that my router doesn't support WiFi 6 and that I had to create separate channels for 2.4 and 5GHz.

Once done, my speeds went back up and I now have access to the 5GHz channels.

I just need to change my router to a new model that supports WiFi 6.

Thank you again for your help and support

Recommended Solution
Options