Adding a wireless extender to current powerline

2024-04-04 14:43:49
Model: TL-PA4010P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am currently using a pair of TL-PA4010P to provide access to my network for an old desktop PC. It works a treat. 

in the near future I will need to provide a WiFi network to my garage. I am hoping I can add a further powerline plug with a range extender. The garage is about 20m from the house and has power. I have not yet checked if the current system works out there. 

but if so, is there a product or products, I can use to get WiFi into the garage?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Adding a wireless extender to current powerline
2024-04-04 18:32:47 - last edited 2024-04-04 18:36:46

@BenSAFC 

Hi,

You can go to TP-Link's Powerline product webpage and filter for the devices that have the features you need.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/powerline/?filterby=5793%7C5794%7C5795%2CAND%7C6282

Make sure whatever adapter you buy is compatible with the HomePlug (AV/AV2) standard, because that is what your existing TL-PA4010P uses.

Any TP-Link Powerline adapter that has the letters "WPA" in its model name supports Wi-Fi.

As other users have noted before, in certain countries TP-Link does not sell single Powerline adapters, but only the KIT's consisting of two or more units. You will need to check yourself what is available at your location.

Options