TAPO C210 couldn't detect my WIFI network even after manual entry 2.5G Network

2024-04-05 13:30:59 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have 3 tapo C210 cameras that I bought less than 1 year from Amazon. None of them can detect my network. They were all working fine at first. Then suddenly one by one start to have the same problem not connecting to network so I try to reconfigure from fresh. Now all three are useless.

I suspect perhaps they are automatically upgraded to the latest firmware that could have bug because I have set all to update automatically. Each time I rescan while on the Tapo network it cannot detect my home network even when it is less than 1 meter from the router. The router is working and my password is correct because my android phone and ipad is connected to the same router. I have also set the router wireless to channel 11 and 20mhz on the high transmit power. 

One strange thing it can detect REALTEK SEMICONDUCTOR CORP network (RLT00E04CA29D92).

Please help or do I have to send them back to TPLINK to fix since they are still on warranty.

Kind regards

John

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TAPO C210 couldn't detect my WIFI network even after manual entry 2.5G Network-Solution
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@HelloAll 

Based on the description in your initial email, the camera can detect other Wi-Fi networks but not yours, correct? In this case, I would not consider this is a device firmware issue. Moreover, you didn't ultimately resolve the problem by performing any firmware-related actions. If there were hardware or software abnormalities with the device, it should not have been able to detect any router Wi-Fi networks.

To avoid misleading, I'd like to emphasize here that if anyone else encounters a similar issue (the app not detecting router Wi-Fi during setup), please note that the advice provided by the moderator in this post does not apply to this issue unless it has been verified by our engineers, which has never happened, at least from what I'm aware of.

Importing mismatched firmware files, such as those for different models or hardware versions, may potentially damage the device.

If you encounter issues with camera setup failure, please refer to the suggestions in this FAQ for troubleshooting. Seek further assistance, please contact technical support, or create a new post in the community for help.

What should I do if I fail to configure Tapo Camera?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:TAPO C210 couldn't detect my WIFI network even after manual entry 2.5G Network
3 weeks ago

@HelloAll 

I have managed to get the camera to scan all the network. But when I try to connect with password it will not connect. I have tried these several times and I am sure the password is correct but still unable to connect. Help!

Options
Re:TAPO C210 couldn't detect my WIFI network even after manual entry 2.5G Network
3 weeks ago

@HelloAll 

Check the tips provided below link if you have trouble setting up Tapo device.  What should I do if I fail to configure Tapo Camera? 

Can you share a screenshot of the error here? What's the model of your router? Does it have a separate 2.4GHz SSID?

You may try to connect the camera to a 2.4GHz guest WiFi or a mobile hotspot for comparison test.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
3 weeks ago
Thanks Wayne for your prompt response. Question, if I have to reinstall a firmwar again using the sd card, do I use the C200 V1 firmware for my C210 cameras? I have managed to get all 3 cameras connected now. Luckily I have another spare android version 9 phone that has very few apps that I used and it connected to the cameras and the cameras connected to my local network. I was surprised that it worked after trying Ipad and another android 9 phone that did not work. I have also tried 3 different routers. Wasted hours trying to trouble shoot this problem. I used Channel 11 and channel width 20mhz. I am convinced that the lastest firmware upgrade was the caused of this problem. The new firmware has a different user interface and look. Probably requires more memory to run too. It seems a bit slower to connect to the camera and response.
Options
3 weeks ago

@HelloAll 

I see many people have troubles to connect to local wifi with TAPO C200 or Tapo C210 . I have Tapo C210 , and can't connect. How to check what is current firmware and how to upload old one, if new one makes troubles ? 

Options
3 weeks ago

@HelloAll 

Tapo device firmware update are done through the Tapo app. When the device is connected to the internet, it detects the latest firmware information for this specific model. There will be no incorrect firmware. How to update the firmware of the Tapo&Kasa devices on the Tapo App

Where did you find information about upgrading via SD card?  Currently, the only special case where using an SD card and computer for firmware recovery might be suggested is when the camera is bricked. And only a small number of models support this method

Options
3 weeks ago

@Wayne-TP 

I got that from FORUMS under "Tapo Smart Cameras", What to do if my Tapo Camera gets bricked after a firmware update?, then downloaded "How to manually upgrade the firmware of the Tapo Camera with a microSD card?".

I have not tried doing that only last resort if I face the same problem again.

Options
3 weeks ago
Try this. Go to FORUMS at the top then under "Tapo Smart Cameras", What to do if my Tapo Camera gets bricked after a firmware update?, then downloaded "How to manually upgrade the firmware of the Tapo Camera with a microSD card?". I have not tried doing that only last resort if I face the same problem again. I did not have to resort to that fortunately. But I think what made the difference was using an android phone that is relatively fresh with basic install apps to preserve memory (I think the new firmware uses more memory). Remember to disable any VPN on the phone first and enable the bluetooth. Once you start the camera and when it is blinking red and green leave it for a while. My experience is that it takes about 5 minutes to detect all available network with one of my cameras. You must pick only a 2.4G wifi and try using 11 for channel and 20Mhz for channel width. Good luck.
Options
Re:TAPO C210 couldn't detect my WIFI network even after manual entry 2.5G Network-Solution
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@HelloAll 

Based on the description in your initial email, the camera can detect other Wi-Fi networks but not yours, correct? In this case, I would not consider this is a device firmware issue. Moreover, you didn't ultimately resolve the problem by performing any firmware-related actions. If there were hardware or software abnormalities with the device, it should not have been able to detect any router Wi-Fi networks.

To avoid misleading, I'd like to emphasize here that if anyone else encounters a similar issue (the app not detecting router Wi-Fi during setup), please note that the advice provided by the moderator in this post does not apply to this issue unless it has been verified by our engineers, which has never happened, at least from what I'm aware of.

Importing mismatched firmware files, such as those for different models or hardware versions, may potentially damage the device.

If you encounter issues with camera setup failure, please refer to the suggestions in this FAQ for troubleshooting. Seek further assistance, please contact technical support, or create a new post in the community for help.

What should I do if I fail to configure Tapo Camera?

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 219

Replies: 8

Related Articles