BE85 WiFi stopped working. Defective fan / overheating?

2024-04-07 09:11:53
Model: Deco BE85  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.15

Wi-Fi connectivity suddenly stopped working, and even after cold rebooting, it stays up for 1-2 min then drops all connected devices. The SSID isn't discoverable anymore. The LED stays green. I've had Wi-Fi 7 MLO turned on for about 2 weeks, but am not sure it's related.

I've noticed that the internal fan doesn't appear to be working anymore, which may indicate that the device is overheating. From what I remember, it was always spinning since day 1. I did a factory reset, but the fans don't turn on after that either.

I'll be returning the device for a replacement or repair. I'm a bit surprised since I've only had the router for about 3 months, in a room with constant normal temperatures (22C avg).

Has it happened to anyone ?

Options
2 Reply
Re:BE85 WiFi stopped working. Defective fan / overheating?
2024-04-08 03:28:14

@Dokterd0k 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

I haven't seen any similar feedback yet.

After a factory reset, are you able to reconfigure Deco BE85 once to make it work again?

Or would the Wi-Fi work for a while after reset, then stop broadcasting again?

I will also forward the feedback to the engineers to see whether they have any other suggestions.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:BE85 WiFi stopped working. Defective fan / overheating?
2024-04-08 06:58:07

Thank you @David-TP,

I haven't checked this use case after the reset, and have already sent my device back to the vendor for a repair.

However I'm not too sure this would've worked, considering that after the reset, the fans still weren't spinning. Therefore I imagine it would only be a matter of time before issues started appearing again, due to overheating.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 217

Replies: 2

Related Articles