AX12 usage status & other issues

2024-04-08 20:45:34 - last edited 2024-04-08 21:08:15
Model: Archer AX12  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.21 Build 20231127 Rel. 47645(5553)

When I login to the firmware it is very slow and When I reboot the router / start the router it takes more then 1 Minutes ! 

There is no option to limit the bandwidth for users in the router. 

When I search for USAGE history in the search option, it take me to this folder and there is no information for the usage , 

Is there any other way to see my usage history in monthly base ? It would be great if Tplink add this featur in AX12 model

CPU usage is too much and the router is getting very hot ! Can it be a little stable.

Home Shield is not working, though I am using my router in ROUTER MODE , is it even availble for AX12 ? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:AX12 usage status & other issues
2024-04-08 23:43:58

@RehoDesign 

AX12 is an entry level AX series router which doesn't have Home Shield feature implemented.

Despite that, you can still configure its Parental Conreols to monitor internet usage of a particular profile:

Monitoring Internet Usage
Check which websites my child has visited and how much time they have spent online
recently.
How can I do that?
1. Visit http://tplinkwifi.net, and log in with your TP-Link ID or the password you set for
the router.
2. Go to Advanced > Parental Controls, and locate the Profiles section.
3. Find your desired profile and click:

Note: If you have not set up a profile for your child yet, you should do that first by clicking +Add,

then follow the steps to create a profile. Refer to Setting Up Access Restrictions for detailed instructions.
4. Select from the drop-down list your desired time range, and view the reports of
Time Spent Online and Most Visited Website:

You can now check up on your child’s online activities.

Here's the AX12 user guide for more details.

What's concerning here is your CPU usage reaching 100% at the time you've made the screenshot.

Do you remember what were you doing (downloading, streaming, etc.) when this screenshot has been made ?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-04-09 17:13:24

@terziyski 
About the CPU usage, when I took the screenshot , at that time none of my device was downloading or doint any streaming. When I login to the router and check the cpu status it always show more than 90% every time. I don't know if it was a firmware issue. And firmware is slower than other Archer router like C64. 

About the Usage status, is there any other way to know the total bandwidth usage of all device without the Parential Control option ?

Many other branded router have this feature but Tplink still didn't add this !

Options
2024-04-09 19:05:57 - last edited 2024-05-06 12:40:18

@RehoDesign 

Regarding usage status there's nothing more you can do except what I pointed you. It's TP-Link decision whether to implement Home Shield or not.

As I posted AX12 is an entry level router and I don't think this feature would be implemented probably due to a hardware limitations.

As per CPU usage I belive that's not normal and you may try the following:

Reset the AX12 to its factory defaults and re-configure only basic settings WAN, LAN, wireless) an test the CPU usage.

Then start setting the advanced settings one by one and you should be able to pinpoint the feature that utilizes AX12 CPU over 90%.

You may also disable the user experience imptrovement program switch (your screenshot) and check if this utilizes your AX12 CPU.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 607

Replies: 3

Related Articles