Extend range?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Extend range?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Extend range?
Extend range?
2024-04-11 14:29:11
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.7.0 0.9.1

My Now Broadband router fell off the shelf and broke so I brought an Archer VR2800 modem router as a replacment as a replacement from Now would take over a week to arrive.

I have the router set up and is working fine however the range seems to be no better then the Now ISP provided router and there are parts of my flat where I get very poor / no signal at all. 

I was hoping to hook up a mesh network but is seems this model isn't compatible.... but lower models are ? Thought I'd ask the question as at double the price im not sure what the point of thia model is then...

If mesh is a no go what are the alternatives to fix range issues?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Extend range?
2024-04-12 00:09:40

@AVENTR 

VR2800 doesn't support mesh feature. For extending its wireless coverage you can use a range extennder.

The other option is:

If cabling to the point where you want to install an additional device is possible, you could put whatever router model you have (old one) or buy new one using it as an access point.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 282

Replies: 1

Related Articles