Unable to download video clips

3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Tapo C325WB  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.14

Hi, when I try to download my sd card video clips I get the message " unable to download clips, your phone is not connected to the same network as your camera" the problem is the same on my phone and tablet, I can view and download my Kasa cam on the Tapo app no problem

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to download video clips-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Pedroh 

Hi,
Currently, you can download the Tapo&Kasa camera's cloud video recordings remotely and locally. However, the video recordings stored on the SD card can be downloaded from the local network only.
If you want to download the SD card video clips:
1) Please ensure your phone and tablet are connected to the same router's Wi-Fi as the camera. 
2) If still have an issue, try to force close the Tapo app, clean the app caches, and log in to the Tapo app again to download the video clips.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Unable to download video clips-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Pedroh 

Hi,
Currently, you can download the Tapo&Kasa camera's cloud video recordings remotely and locally. However, the video recordings stored on the SD card can be downloaded from the local network only.
If you want to download the SD card video clips:
1) Please ensure your phone and tablet are connected to the same router's Wi-Fi as the camera. 
2) If still have an issue, try to force close the Tapo app, clean the app caches, and log in to the Tapo app again to download the video clips.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Unable to download video clips
2 weeks ago

@Solla-topee  Hi, at the moment I'm only using the sd card because I'm using my network to view all of the sd clips on my tablet/phone, which seems funny to be able to view the clips on my sd card but not download them even though they are on the same network.

Regards Pedroh

Options
Re:Unable to download video clips
2 weeks ago

@Pedroh 

Hi,
If your phone and tablet are connected to the same router's Wi-Fi as the camera but fail to download the video clips on the SD card, please try to force close the Tapo app, clean the app caches, and log in to the Tapo app again to download the video clips.

If the problem remains, please help check the IP address on your phone and the camera, try to ping the camera's IP on your phone, and can you ping it successfully?

You can also try to disconnect the internet cable to your router, but make sure your camera and your phone are connected to the Wi-Fi network, then force close the Tapo app, reopen it, and check if you can download the video clips on the SD card.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 138

Replies: 3

Related Articles