Can't add specific new deco

2 weeks ago
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

When I try to add a new deco in my app, the app does not let me choose which new device to connect. Instead, it automatically assumed that it is another X20 Deco and therefore I can't connect any new Deco. I would like to have some assistance with this issue if that is alright 😭

Options
6 Reply
Re:Can't add specific new deco
2 weeks ago

@Blanker 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know the model number of your new satellite Deco?

Deco APP no longer requires selecting the model number when adding the satellite but APP can identify the model automatically.

What would be the error message on the Deco when you failed to add the satellite units?

Are the new satellite Deco units blinking blue, and broadcasting a default SSID like Deco_xxxx?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2 weeks ago

@David-TP 

Hi David, thank you so much for trying to help out with my current problem.

Actually I don't think that the Deco I am currently using is a satellite Deco?

If I remember correctly there are two different types of deco, a wifi deco and a satellite deco?

The model number for the main is Deco X20(US) Ver:4.0 

The model number for the new deco that I like to add to the network as an extension is: Deco M4R(US) Ver:3.0

From the online videos I had watched with connecting different deco models into the main, I found that when they press the "+" and press the add new deco, they have the ability to select which deco model they wish to search near their area. However, in my case, the app would assume that the deco that I am trying to find is the deco simmilar to the current main deco, where it straight away directs me to asking if the new deco is in which floor, floor 1, 2 or 3+.

I hope to hear from you soon, Thank you. 

Best regards. 

Options
a week ago

@Blanker 

Hi, Thank you very much for your patience.

Initially, the original Deco App required users to manually select the models. Subsequently, with the app upgrade, it now automatically identifies the model, eliminating the need for users to manually select the models.

Best regards.

Options
Yesterday

@Blanker I have the same issue.  Its searching for another base unit but I've added an extender, which it wont find automatically and no longer gives me the option to choose myself.

Options
Yesterday

@David-TP 

It doesnt work.  Its searching for an M5 (and failing) but I want it to find and connect to an M3W AC1200 extender.

Options
Yesterday

@Blanker The deco that's connected to the ISP router/modem is the "main" Deco, and all other Deco model(s) connected to the main Deco via Wi-Fi/ Ethernet are "satellite" Decos. There's no "Wi-Fi" Deco.

In your case, X20 is the main, and M4 is the one you're trying to add as a satellite Deco.

And yes, on latest version of Deco app, it immediately shows the floor plan instead of Deco model list, but if you skip those steps by simply tapping the "→" symbol at the bottom right corner, you'll arrive at a step where it'll tell you to "make sure the Deco LED is pulsing blue".

From there, follow the instructions to add the M4 to your network.

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options