Restore config in the app

2 weeks ago
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello. I changed my Samsung smartphone and I restored the full backup by smartswitch. When I launch the Deco app, the account is connected but I lost all the network config and it starts the search as it where a new setup. How can I reconnect to my existing configuration? I have a main unit X50 with 4 satellites M9.

Thanks.

Emanuele

Options
4 Reply
Re:Restore config in the app
a week ago

@jupiter 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

Have you signed into the same email that is used to set up Deco for the first time on the new smartphone?

The network configuration of Deco follows the TP-Link email ID, not the mobile phone.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
a week ago

@jupiter have you tried force closing the app on your phone? I keep getting errors where the app thinks I'm setting up for the first time, but if I force close the app and reopen it the network appears

XE75 V1.0 3-pack / Wired backhaul / Router mode / UK
Options
a week ago

@jupiter I solved deleting the cache of the app, now it works fine. 

Is the config saved in the TP-LINK cloud? I mean, I should retrieve my config when I access with my account from any installation of the deco app, in the same way of all the IoT apps.

Thanks.

E.

Options
a week ago

@jupiter I cleared my app cache and rebooted my network last night but I'm still getting the new setup screen a lot of the time when I open the app

XE75 V1.0 3-pack / Wired backhaul / Router mode / UK
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 73

Replies: 4

Related Articles