Deco X55 repeatedly resets

2024-04-18 19:04:30
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

We've got two Deco X55s set up in the home, the main one (we've tried switching) will reset, seemingly at random, throughout the day. It happens more regularly when my wife connects to her work VPN, or when I watch SkyGo on my phone, but also happens when other devices become active. 

The modem connection seems solid throughout, and it happens regardless of being 2.4/5ghz or directly connected through LAN. 

Before I give up on the Deco devices all together, can anyone help stabilise the connection?!

Thanks 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco X55 repeatedly resets
2024-04-19 06:28:39

@tkcambs 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback. 

Usually, when we said "reset", it often refers to hardware reset which would remove all the previous network configurations. For your case, I think you are trying to say Deco X55 is automatically restarting at random.

How often does the restart repeat within one day?

Have you noticed any change in the LED status, like solid green-yellow--flashing red-green again?

Have you tried to reset the Deco( holding the reset pinhole for 1s) once and set it up again to see whether the same issue continues?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-04-19 08:36:47

@David-TP 

Hi David, 

Thanks for the response. Yes - I do mean restarts. It could happen once or ten times during a day. As I said, mostly seems to coincide with multiple devices being used at once. If one of us is working from home then it could be fine for the day - it's just you can never be sure!

The LED turns yellow, then red before back to green. It'll take a couple of minutes and always reconnects without issue. 

I've tried factory reset through the pin, and setting up a different main Deco as mentioned. 

If of use, the ISP connection is PPPoE.

Thanks in advance 

Options
2024-04-23 10:25:03

@tkcambs 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

Could you please try to install the beta firmware here to see whether it helps with the auto-restart issue:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/663324

I will also follow up on your case via email and consult with the engineers to see if they have any other suggestions.

Thank you again and best regards.

Options
2024-04-25 08:26:04

@David-TP 

Thanks David - I'll try and report back

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 254

Replies: 4

Related Articles