3x hardwired AX55 v1 routers in EasyMesh config constantly cycle between wired and wireless backhaul

3x hardwired AX55 v1 routers in EasyMesh config constantly cycle between wired and wireless backhaul

2024-04-18 22:44:11 - last edited 2024-04-19 03:17:45
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 Build 20231130 rel.74059(5553)

I have purchased 3x identical AX55 v1 routers and am attempting to set them up using ethernet backhaul. I installed beta firmware 1.2.6 Build 20231130 rel.74059(5553) on all 3, setup the first as the primary router, and then the other two one by one as satellite routers. 

It seems like it works as expected for about 5 seconds at a time, showing ethernet icons for the "connection" column of the Network Topology tab, but otherwise they are mostly either registering as "offline" or as the wireless connection with a single red bar. Even turning one of the satellite routers off yields a scenario where the remaining satellite router is connecting wirelessly instead of via hardwired ethernet.

I spent some time searching the forums, as well as looking through the 29 pages in the original beta thread , but I didn't see someone raise the particular scenario I'm encountering. 

When I first bought the routers, I had installed the latest production version (Archer AX55(US)_V1_1.2.6 Build 20231130) and set the 2 satelitte routers as Access Points. That seemed to work fine, so I'm wondering if the only option I have here is to go back to that setup. Having ethernet backhaul-enabled mesh seems like a great idea, but maybe it's just not ready for prime-time?

Edit 1: I should add that it not only cycles between wireless and wired, but also offline. It'd be nice to force disable wireless backhaul entirely, as the routers are far enough away that when this is enabled it totally wrecks the connection speed of any client.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:3x hardwired AX55 v1 routers in EasyMesh config constantly cycle between wired and wireless backhaul-Solution
2024-04-18 23:26:32 - last edited 2024-04-19 03:17:45

@Delphie 

Take a look at this post. You can give it a go and check how the Eeasymesh would perform for you if there's any improvement.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:3x hardwired AX55 v1 routers in EasyMesh config constantly cycle between wired and wireless backhaul-Solution
2024-04-18 23:26:32 - last edited 2024-04-19 03:17:45

@Delphie 

Take a look at this post. You can give it a go and check how the Eeasymesh would perform for you if there's any improvement.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:3x hardwired AX55 v1 routers in EasyMesh config constantly cycle between wired and wireless backhaul
2024-04-19 03:17:30

@terziyski wow! Talk about good timing. I updated all 3 routers to the new firmware, did a factory reset, and re-configured everything to the desired setup and so far it's working great! Too early to say if it's all good, but tests so far have shown great speed and stability. Cheers!

Options