Can the same powerline adapter be attached to the router and connect to a laptop or similar device?

Can the same powerline adapter be attached to the router and connect to a laptop or similar device?

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: TL-PA8033P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but I'm not really "techie".

The broadband router is located in my home office, but has limited LAN ports and no electrical sockets left unused.  Can I use a 3-port powerline adapter to connect to the router to provide the broadband to the rest of the house, but also to other devices plugged into the same adapter?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can the same powerline adapter be attached to the router and connect to a laptop or similar device?-Solution

@DaveB66 

Yes, the three LAN ports of the Powerline adapter work the same way as, for example, the three, four or more LAN ports of a home Wi-Fi router. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Can the same powerline adapter be attached to the router and connect to a laptop or similar device?-Solution

@DaveB66 

Yes, the three LAN ports of the Powerline adapter work the same way as, for example, the three, four or more LAN ports of a home Wi-Fi router. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can the same powerline adapter be attached to the router and connect to a laptop or similar device?
a week ago

@woozle 

Thanks for that.  So it doesn't matter that the one port is used for network/broadband in, the others for network/broadband out?

Options