Force connection to Range Extender E605X-WiFi 6

a week ago
Model: RE605X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20210507 Rel. 151958

Q1 :
Is there a way to force a client device to connect to our E605X-WiFi 6 Range Extender 

instead of our main router (AX6000 Next-Gen Wi-Fi Router) which is way further than the client device?

Q2 : 

When connecting a Windows laptop using an ethernet cable to the E605X-WiFi 6 Range Extender,

the SSID shown on the laptop is the SSID of the main router ( (AX6000 Next-Gen Wi-Fi Router).

Is that normal ?

Q3 : When connected to the Extender how can we see an SSID specific to the Extender instead of the router SSID ?

WifFI Devices:

AX6000 Next-Gen Wi-Fi Router

E605X-WiFi 6 Range Extender 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Force connection to Range Extender E605X-WiFi 6
a week ago

@JMV2 

Hi, is the AX6000 Next-Gen Wi-Fi Router, Archer AX6000?

Did you enable OneMesh on the Archer AX6000 and RE605X?

If yes, RE605x will use the same SSID as AX6000, which I think might be why the Ethernet-connected laptop displays the SSID of the main router.

So far, there hasn't been an option to force a device to connect to the range extender. However, most devices should be able to manually select a stronger wireless signal.

I think you could try to install the Tether APP so that you could check whether the device is connected to the host router AX6000 or RE605x.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
a week ago

@David-TP 

David-TP wrote

@JMV2 

Hi, is the AX6000 Next-Gen Wi-Fi Router, Archer AX6000?

Yes

Did you enable OneMesh on the Archer AX6000 and RE605X?

Yes

If yes, RE605x will use the same SSID as AX6000, which I think might be why the Ethernet-connected laptop displays the SSID of the main router.

Ok

Q : Is there a way to set an SSID on the extender so we can see from the client device with which of the Extender or Router it is connected to ?

So far, there hasn't been an option to force a device to connect to the range extender. However, most devices should be able to manually select a stronger wireless signal.

I think you could try to install the Tether APP so that you could check whether the device is connected to the host router AX6000 or RE605x.

Done that.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Thank you.

Options
a week ago

@JMV2 

Hi, you could try to disable OneMesh first, then set different SSIDs on the RE605x and Archer AX6000.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1402/

Best regards.

Options