VPN help newbie

VPN help newbie

VPN help newbie
VPN help newbie
a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

hi, i have a single public ip but i want to connect most of my business branches so that they can connected to each other. I'm planning to install biometric to all of the branches so that we could go full automize system and digitally. what are your suggestion and I really appreciate your expertise. thank you.

really not big business but I have 6 branches now. thank you. my server is located at home.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:VPN help newbie-Solution

@Jolzzz 

You can use the ER605 for simple B2B connectivity, just have to use L2TP or L2TP/IPsec if encryption needed.  Set up your home as the Server (which needs a static IP or DDNS address), and each branch as a client (can be private and/or dynamic IPs).  I have posted a number of times on how to do this, complete with screen grabs etc.  You can then LAN extend, meaning local and remote subnets can be aware of each other and route correctly through the VPN tunnel.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:VPN help newbie
a week ago

@Jolzzz 

What kind of throughput are you expecting between branches?

Will all sites have public IPs, and will those IP's be static or dynamic?

Are you planning to mesh the sites (ie independent tunnels from a site to all other sites) or are you planning hub and spoke with routing?

Options
a week ago

@d0ugmac1 well i just want the biometrics and if ever planning to get some program that could send only data to my home server. thats all. but all of the branches have isp already. but dont want to request all of them to have public ip? is it possible?

if possible? what router or setup should i get?

thank you.

Options
Re:VPN help newbie-Solution

@Jolzzz 

You can use the ER605 for simple B2B connectivity, just have to use L2TP or L2TP/IPsec if encryption needed.  Set up your home as the Server (which needs a static IP or DDNS address), and each branch as a client (can be private and/or dynamic IPs).  I have posted a number of times on how to do this, complete with screen grabs etc.  You can then LAN extend, meaning local and remote subnets can be aware of each other and route correctly through the VPN tunnel.

Recommended Solution
Options
a week ago

Hi @Jolzzz 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Jolzzz wrote

@d0ugmac1 well i just want the biometrics and if ever planning to get some program that could send only data to my home server. thats all. but all of the branches have isp already. but dont want to request all of them to have public ip? is it possible?

if possible? what router or setup should i get?

thank you.

Client-to-Site. That's what you need. Except for IPsec, other types of VPN can work for Client-to-Site VPN.

How to Configure WireGuard VPN on Omada Controller 

How to establish an L2TP Server by Omada Gateway in Standalone mode

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
a week ago

@d0ugmac1 will look and study this. thank you.

Options
a week ago

@Clive_A ok ok. thank you. really appreciate the help. will also study this. thank you. its getting clearer in my mind now. thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 155

Replies: 6

Related Articles