Can't connect to 5g network

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Archer TXE75E  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 230505

Hello. 

For some reason i can't connect to my routers 5g network. the 2.4g network works fine. 5g network simply says 'can't connect to this network'

My phone is able to connect to the 5g network

I have followed these steps but have had no success:

1. Change a different 5Ghz channel on router,  channel 36/40/44/48 are recommended

2. Go to Device manager> USB Properties advanced tab> change wireless mode to IEEE 802.11ac 

3. Try this chipset driver T3U(Nano/ Plus) and see if it helps

4. If adapter used to work fine, try to remove Wi-Fi profile, manually put in 5Ghz Wi-Fi password again to reconnect Wi-Fi:

How to connect to wireless networks and remove its profile on Windows 10?

5. Confirm other devices could connect to router's 5Ghz network

.e.g. forget 5Ghz Wi-Fi on mobile phone and reconnect to 5Ghz on mobile device to confirm you put in correct Wi-Fi password
6. Try wireless security type WPA/WPA2-PSK(AES) on router 

I have included images bellow regarding my system information, wireless settings and wireless driver. 

Netgear Nighthawk D7000v2 

tp-link archer txe75e axe5400

Windows 11

Options
6 Reply
Re:Can't connect to 5g network
a week ago

@Gary9 

Hi,

Have you already tested if your Archer TXE75E is able to establish a successful connection with another 5 GHz Wi-Fi network?

In case you don't have another router or similar device available you can also use the hotspot feature of a mobile phone, just make sure it's set to broadcast at 5 GHz.

By the way, how have you positioned the antenna that comes with the Archer TXE75E? If it was currently placed right adjacent to another electronic device, then you might want to move it a little bit away from it.

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@woozle 

Thanks for the reply. 

I tested it and im able to connect to my mobiles 5g hotspot.

I'm confused at how my phone can connect to my routers 5g, but my computer can't. And my computer can connect to my phones 5g

UPDATE: i set my channel to 149 and i was able to connect to it, but it would disconnect straight away. If i limit it to 600mbs instead of 1300mbs, it works normally. But that is the same speed as 2.4g 

Options
a week ago

@Gary9 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

I'd like to follow up on your case via email and consult the senior engineers for further assistance.

In the meantime, may I know how you limit the link speed from 1200m/s to 600m/s, unplugging one of the antennas, disabling MU-MIMO on the Netgear Nighthawk D7000 or something else?

Have you tried the manufacturer driver of the AX210:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/204836/intel-wifi-6e-ax210-gig/downloads.html

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
a week ago

@David-TP 

If you see in my first screen shot, there's an option called 'mode' that lets me choose 'Up to 1300Mbps', 600 or 289Mbps.

Once i limited it to 600 and set the channel to 149+ i could connect to the 5g network, but not the 2.4g network. And it would randomly disconnect every 30 seconds to a minute. Once i put the mode back to 1300mbps and the channel back to 40 i could use the 2.4g network again. Currently its on 1300mbs and channel 149 and the 2.4g is working fine but i cant connect to the 5g at all.

I just tried updating my driver, which is a newer version. I'm having the same issue though.

Options
a week ago

@Gary9 

I assume that "Up to 600 Mbps" setting means the D7000 is limiting itself to 802.11n or lower mode instead of utilizing up to 802.11ac, which the D7000 apparently calls "Up to 1300 Mbps".

Perhaps if there is another "Wireless" menu under the "ADVANCED" tab of the D7000 it would show this more clearly.

Anyway, the effects you are reporting sound to me like as if there was some strong signal interference that deteriorates the wireless signals between the D7000 and the TXE75E to a point that no reliable connection can be established.

So, make sure the SMA connectors of the antenna cables that go to the TXE75E are reasonable tight and move the antennas as far away from the PC as the length of the antenna cables allows.

Also, in case the D7000 was standing somewhat hidden behind other objects see if you can move it to a more open space. 

How far is the PC actually away from the router? Are both located in the same room or different rooms?

Options
a week ago

@woozle 

Not sure why, but I renamed the 5g network and i'm able to connect to it and use it on the 1300mbs mode

It is slower than the 2.4g network and it does show a weak wifi strength, jumping between 1 and 3 bars.

My router is in the next room. I guess the 2.4g wifi signal is more stable or something?

I previously had the antenna on the side of the computer case

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 143

Replies: 6

Related Articles