Archer C6 Sky FTTP

Archer C6 Sky FTTP

Archer C6 Sky FTTP
Archer C6 Sky FTTP
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.13.2 Build 230824 Ref.75032n(4555)

Hi

I was hoping I could simply replace the dreadful sky router and connect the Archer C6 to the Openreach FTTP ONT.

I can see plenty of forums suggesting you have to install the latest firmware which I did and then enable IPV6 before finally selecting Sky's DHCP Option 61 (MER) authentication. This options simply doesn't exist for me.

I am missing something or is this device not capable of the job I was hoping. I looked online and many suggested it could directly replace a FTTP router. Please help so I can launch the sky router.

Many Thanks 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer C6 Sky FTTP -Solution

Hi  @woozle 

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

I have managed to get it working. The setup wizard automatic detect fails but if you then go into the advanced menu the IPV6. The settings need to then be set to:

Mode: Router

Wan connection type: Normal

Get IPv6 Address: Static 

I have tried this with the IPv6 set to Auto before and it wouldn't work so it has to be set to static.

But to confirm yes my Archer C6 works on Sky FTTP 

Phew

Thanks again

Danny 

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C6 Sky FTTP
3 weeks ago

@Cactusdan78 

Hi,

Did those forums you mention specifically talk about the Archer C6 ?

I am not aware that the lastest firmware for the Archer C6 V4 added support for DHCP Option 61 (MER) authentication.

Options
3 weeks ago

Hi  @woozle 

Thanks for the reply. It was a sky forum and someone stated that they had used the settings someone else had supplied relating to option 61 and the C6 worked fine on sky fttp but it was an older firmware as the post was from 2021.

I wonder if any version did support this and it's possible to downgrade although I don't really like doing this due to the security aspect of it. A real pain if I have to leave the sky router in the mix.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Cactusdan78 

Ok, I see.

The Archer C6 V4 was released in the year 2022, so the user in question must have used an earlier model like V3.2 or V2.

But still, I am not aware of any router model made by TP-Link (for home use) that allows the user to freely configure an Option 61 client identifier. (i.e. like having a dedicated input field into which one can type the required string)

And TP-Link's Ethernet Wi-Fi routers (the routers without built-in modem like the C6) also don't come with selectable preconfigured ISP profiles that already include the correct Option 61 identifier.

Options
Re:Archer C6 Sky FTTP -Solution

Hi  @woozle 

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

I have managed to get it working. The setup wizard automatic detect fails but if you then go into the advanced menu the IPV6. The settings need to then be set to:

Mode: Router

Wan connection type: Normal

Get IPv6 Address: Static 

I have tried this with the IPv6 set to Auto before and it wouldn't work so it has to be set to static.

But to confirm yes my Archer C6 works on Sky FTTP 

Phew

Thanks again

Danny 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 171

Replies: 4

Related Articles