Installed the Archer TXE75E and computer keeps restarting

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Archer TXE75E  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have shut down my computer and unplugged it from its power source, removed the old wifi card that was connected to my motherboard (not an Archer series) and replaced it with this one (plugged into the PCIE_3 (x1) port) on my motherboard, plugged my computer back into its power source, and turned on my computer. It boots normally and I can log in for all of 30 seconds before I it restarts. From here, it is a loop of restarting over and over.

From the ~30seconds I have while I'm logged in (before it restarts again) I can see that it has connected to my wifi and I have even downloaded and installed the most recent drivers for the Archer TXE75E in that time, however this has not made the restarting cease. 

I am not sure what else there is to do. I have tried opening the device manager and updating the network drivers, to which is says the best drivers are already installed. I can boot into safe mode with no problem, and my computer does not end up in an endless loop of restarting when I boot into safe mode, which makes me sure it must be a driver issue. 

I have also seen a blue screen error code before with the code "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT" during some of the restarts. I have already tried updating my BIOS in response to that, but it has changed absolutely nothing about the entire situation (My computer is still restarting over and over again, and sometimes I still see the same error code of "clock_watchdog_timeout").

Could this just also not be compatible with my motherboard at all?

The model of my motherboard is: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4

I am not sure what else I could possibly do besides replacing it back with my old wifi card. I was looking forward to this being a great upgrade from my old one. Any help is much appreciated.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Installed the Archer TXE75E and computer keeps restarting
a week ago

@uJabMe 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I'd like to forward your case to the senior engineer for further assistance. Please check later whether you could receive my email.

In the menatime, could you please help me check the following details:

The driver download link contains both Wi-Fi Driver and Bluetooth Driver. Have you checked whether it was the Wi-Fi driver or Bluetooth driver that might cause the restart loop?

Or if you don't connect the Bluetooth to the motherboard, will you still experience the restart loop?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
a week ago

@David-TP 

When I installed the Archer TXE75E I did not plug in the Bluetooth because I already have Bluetooth capabilities. So since I did not plug in the Bluetooth on the Archer TXE75E, I did not install the Bluetooth driver. I only installed the Wifi driver. So Bluetooth has nothing to do with creating this restart loop. I am fairly certain it has something to do with the Wifi driver not being compatible with something else, but since I installed the most recent wifi driver for the Archer TXE75E V2 as I should and that didn't work, I don't think there is anything else I could possibly do. 

I also cannot use the internet when I boot into safe mode with networking. My computer does not allow it (the network adapters are disabled and cannot be reenabled in safe mode). So there is no way for me to do any real troubleshooting since I only have about 30 seconds after I log in before my computer restarts again.

Options
a week ago
Also, I have switched my old wifi card back in, and the restart loop stopped. So the issue definitely has something to do with the new card and/or its drivers not being compatible with something.
Options