P9 V1 Audio cuts

P9 V1 Audio cuts
P9 V1 Audio cuts
2024-05-08 09:01:38
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20231229 Rel. 36756

Hi,

I got a mesh with 2 P9 devices connected to a router. Everything seems to be correctly configured.

I got a quite good download speed on speedtest

But when having a video call my voice is cut at some moments, making it difficult to understand.

I can also hear sound cuts when someone speaks to me.
- It is NOT related to earphones or microphone, checked with multiple devices.

- It is not an app issue, it also happens on zoom, teams, slack...
- I tried multiple firmware versions (checking is for Deco P9 V1) but now on the latest, the admin is not able to downgrade.

- I tried to reset all devices and connection, not working.

- It seems to be only on video calls, as music on music platforms, or youtube works correctly.
- Some months ago I was able to downgrade the firmware and it was solved, but now, by uploading the firmware binary seems to do nothing.

- Using a MacBook Pro

- Mode: Access Point

- Fast Roaming: Disabled

- Beamforming: disabled

- I'm connected to the nearest device (checked on the app)

- Connection cuts are not happening when connecting directly to the router.

I suspect is there something related to sound or streaming

What I only can see is that device CPU has high peaks that may affect to connection.

Options
3 Reply
Re:P9 V1 Audio cuts
2024-05-11 01:19:49

@oriolgm 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

Did you have the live audio cuts issue on both the wireless and Ethernet connection? or just wireless connection?

If it is only a wireless connection, it is suggested to disable "Mesh Technology" first.

By the way, would you still have this issue even when there is only one Deco P9 in the Mesh system?

As for the firmware downgrade, Did you try to downgrade from 1.1.5 to 1.1.4 directly via web interface:

Deco P9(EU)_V1_1.1.4 Build 20231027

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-05-13 08:18:17

@David-TP Hi David, thanks for your help. I had mesh option disabled, but neither toggling it nor downgrading to 1.1.3  (after a few retries) are working.

Very frustrating as I though I had one of the best devices (and expensive) for doing mesh at home, but I'm seeing a concerning lack of maintainability of the firmware.

Options
2024-05-14 08:40:01

@oriolgm 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

I have sent a beta firmware for Deco P9 and if possible, you could try to install the beta version to see whether it helps improve the live audio a little bit.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 303

Replies: 3

Related Articles