wireless networks on same channel

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Tags: #IoT Network #channel
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 (latest)

I've been asking this already directly on TP-link email support where person from technical support team (Daria Hong) tried to answer it, however I am now even more confused from those answers as each new reply contradicts the previous one and none of them are directly addressing my simple question.

my question: is it a bug in firmware or is it like that by design, that all my wireless networks (main Wi-Fi network, guest network and IoT network) sit on the same channel ?

in one reply, I was told that "the router will auto adjust channels and balance three networks", but this is not the case. they are always on the same channel even if I run "Network Optimization" from Tether app

Options
1 Reply
Re:wireless networks on same channel
3 weeks ago

@hWmMzIfYNRISEgn 

Same wireless channel for main, guest and IoT network should be by design - its one wireless radio (per wireless band) but different SSIDs - look at this feature request.

"the router will auto adjust channels and balance three networks" is more likely an explanation of Smart Connect feature (details) and Auto channel option.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 103

Replies: 1

Tags

IoT Network
channel
Related Articles