Votes

Ax55 Version 2 can't limit speed, why?

Votes

2024-05-14 05:21:49 - last edited a week ago

I just bought ax55 v2 and found that can't limit speed to others users. How to do, please help. 

Options
10 Reply
Re:Ax55 Version 2 can't limit speed, why?
2024-05-15 03:12:42 - last edited a week ago

@KIM88 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

The Speed Limit (Bandwidth Control) feature allows you to limit the speed of specific devices connected to the Router network.

Here are the steps to configure speed limit for client devices:

1. Login to the web management interface (http://tplinkwifi.net), at the dashboard, click the "Clients" icon.

2. There is a "speed limit" column in the client list, you may click the "edit" button in that column to configure speed limit for individual client separately.

Please note that the speed limit feature is only available for client devices connected to the main network. It is not applicable to guest network clients.

Options
2024-06-02 06:27:08 - last edited a week ago

Hi  @Marvin_S ,

I'm also using the AX55 V2. There is no "speed limit" column in the client list. I can't limit the speed of individual devices through either the web interface or the Tether app. Please refer to the details & screenshot below: 

Hardware Version: Archer AX55 v2.0

Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20230128 rel.20162(5553)
Tether App Version(iOS): 4.5.11(Build 502)

Options
2024-06-02 19:31:38 - last edited a week ago

@Zuzu_7 

Ho don't know if your Tether app layout is the same but here's what my layout is 

Open the client list then select a client/device. 

Then click on the speed limit option

Then turn the bar on and you should be greeted with the following options. 

You should be able to save them and that should be that. 

@Marvin_S 

Has the speed limit feature been removed from the guest wifi as it used to be there before. 

Granted I've not used the Guest wifi in a long time so it may have gone a long time ago. 

I have  AX72 v.01 EU model. 

Options
2024-06-02 19:59:52 - last edited a week ago

@Marvin_S 

Not sure whats up with the tether app but mine lets you limit the bandwith of the guest network. 

I just turmed my guest network on to double check 

Clicked on the guest network settings 

Then I clicked on the edit button

It then gave me 1 option

I then clicked on the bandwith control option

The I was greeted with 

And I know it works as I've tested it on my kids devices via wifi as I don't think the router would register it connected to a lan port on the guest network. 

I would be querying it as this to me would be a basic feature and granted not all the routers are equal but this would be a simple programming feature no?

Granted I have the AX72 but surely this would be a feature that most routers would have if they offer Guest networks surely ?

Options
2024-06-03 08:30:02 - last edited a week ago

@Basboi85 

Thank you for sharing your version of the Tether app. I guess the app shows different layouts for the same hardware? or perhaps the layout corresponds to a different version or firmware?

I have attached below screenshots from both the iOS and Android versions of the Tether app on my devices. As you can see, neither shows the speed limit function. I recently updated the iOS app, but it still does not show this feature. Hopefully, TP-Link can update this feature for the AX55 V2 in my region. 

Previous iOS version:

Updated iOS Version:

Android Version:

Options
2024-06-03 08:56:29 - last edited a week ago

@Zuzu_7 

How strange 🤷🏼‍♂️

Surely bandwith/speed limit should be standard feature across the board through out most if not all models Surely I wouldve thought?

Maybe admin can get this fired up through the chain to get this added 

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited a week ago

I have the same exact issue. Hoping someone could figure out or release an official firmware for this. 

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@KIM88 

I have the same issue to.. 

Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20230128 rel.20162(5553)

Hardware Version: Archer AX55 v2.0

I'm also using the AX55 V2. There is no speed limit in the client list. I can't limit the speed of individual devices through either the web interface or the Tether app. 

i discovered that our firmware is came from Hong Kong China.. 

https://www.tp-link.com/hk/support/download/archer-ax55/v2/#Firmware

Options
a week ago

Hi everyone, we have confirmed that Archer AX55 V2 does not support speed limit. We certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature request(s) here.

While we don't have any specific details that I can share around if the feature can come to this router, or when it might, I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

I'm moving this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Routers)' area and tagging it as a ‘Future Consideration’ for better visibility.

Please kindly vote on this thread if needed.

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Scanned though every tplink site. Unfortunately, no firmware updates available for this hardware. My old cheap Archer A5 have this feature at least by using DHCP but none of this is available in this router. Frustrating for an expensive router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 339

Replies: 10

Voters 2