Speed Test on Deco App

Speed Test on Deco App

Speed Test on Deco App
Speed Test on Deco App
2024-05-15 10:56:34

For those wondering where this feature has gone, please see the below, which I posted in another thread:

This feature used to be available via the app for Deco XE75s however has been removed in later versions of the app.  I know as I was able to perform these tests when I first purchased the XE75s.

It is now only available to certain Deco models per this article:

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/1462/

However, apparently the reason why it has been removed from some models is due to this statement in the article:

NOTE:

1. The speed test result shows the speed that the main deco gets from the modem, not the speed on the client connected to the deco.

Apparently users complained it was misleading so the developers removed it from certain models but not all, which in turn makes no sense whatsoever.

I am in the camp that this is importanly functionality and this feature should be reinstated across all Deco models and have fed this back directly to tp-Link via their chat support.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Speed Test on Deco App
2024-05-16 03:46:43

@HairyHippy 

Hi, there used to be two places on the Deco APP where users could run a speed test.

"Test Internet Speed" under Deco APP>More. It shows the speed that the main deco gets from the modem.

"Speed Test" under Deco APP>More>Deco lab. It displays the speed of the client connected to the deco

For Deco XE75, It doesn't have "Test Internet Speed" since the factory firmware. It is not accurate to say that this feature has been removed as it was not supported from the very beginning.

While "Speed Test" in the Deco lab was removed later via Deco APP upgrade for all Deco models. If you still want to use this feature, you could install the TP-Link Wi-Fi Toolkit or Ookala Speedtest directly.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options