EasyMesh Network Configuration Issue with Mercusys MR50G Router

EasyMesh Network Configuration Issue with Mercusys MR50G Router

14 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Network Configuration Issue with Mercusys MR50G Router
2024-08-13 12:05:02

hey  @SKYNe 

I've had some experience with EasyMesh configurations, so I might be able to help. The Mercusys MR50G router should, in theory, support seamless mesh networking, but there can be compatibility issues, especially if you're mixing different brands or models within your mesh network.

One thing to double-check is the firmware version on your MR50G router. Manufacturers often release updates to improve EasyMesh functionality and fix bugs, so ensuring you're on the latest version is crucial.

Regarding your mention of Arc Intel are you referring to an Intel Arc GPU by any chance? If you're using a device with an Intel Arc GPU in your network, it shouldn't directly impact your EasyMesh setup. However, if your network issues coincide with using a device equipped with Intel Arc, it might be worth investigating whether there are any driver updates or network-related settings on that device that could be affecting your overall network performance.

If your issues persist, you might want to consider reaching out to Mercusys support or trying a different mesh system that is known for broader compatibility.

Hope this helps, and good luck getting your network running smoothly!

Thanks!

Options
2024-08-14 07:19:52 - last edited 2024-08-14 12:01:26

Hello @Marvin_S,

First of all, thank you so much for your prompt response to my query.

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. Do you mean when you reboot MR90X or MR50G, the issue happens again? The issue is not about MR70X?  

- Yes, the issue reoccurs when either the MR90X or the MR50G router is restarted. The problem is specifically with the MR50G, not the MR70X.

2. Please share the hardware and firmware version of your MR90X and MR70X separately.  
   - MR90X
     * Hardware Version: v1.0  
     * Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20230808 rel.59994(4555)

- MR70X
     * Hardware Version: v1.0 
     * Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20240311 Rel. 52779(4555)

3. Let us simplify the network topology. Just connect MR50G to MR90X via Ethernet cable to set up the Easymesh network (remove MR70X). Then check whether the same issue remains.  
   - I have already set up the EasyMesh network with the MR90X as the main router and MR50G as a satellite using an Ethernet backhaul. However, the issue persists, with the MR50G not broadcasting a WiFi signal after a reboot and as of now I re-setup the same network topology but issue still persist.

4. Based on Step 3 or the original question, how did you find the SSID of MR50G is invisible? Did you check on different devices? Did you ever use any WiFi Analyzer to scan?  
   - I verified this by scanning for networks on multiple devices (mobile phones and laptops) and using a Wi-Fi analyzer app (WiFiman) to search both 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands.

5. Based on Step 3, please share the Backup file of MR90X and MR50G. (On the Web UI of MR50G as the satellite router, you can also find the Backup option.)  
   - I have attached screenshots of the configuration settings for both the MR90X and the MR50G, including every EasyMesh configuration page. and I've attached the backup file for both the routers in a zip file, Please find the attachment.

If you need any other information please let me know and if possible we can also connect using Windows Quick connect to debug the issue on my device.

Options
2024-08-14 07:35:36

Hello @JonathanJone,

Thank you for your response. However, I want to clarify a few things:

Firstly, I'm experiencing issues due to the compatibility of the routers or the issue with any of router firmware, which is precisely why I posted my query in the community. I’ve already mentioned that I'm using the latest firmware version for my MR50G router, and I've even shared a screenshot in response to another user's query to verify this.

Secondly, I haven’t mentioned anything about Intel Arc in my post, nor have I seen it mentioned in any other replies. I'm not sure where that came from, but it seems like you may have misunderstood or overlooked the details of my original post.

Lastly, as I stated earlier, I've already reached out to the Mercusys support team multiple times through different channels about this issue. I would appreciate it if you could carefully read my post before responding.

Thanks again for your effort, but I kindly ask you to ensure your advice is relevant to the details provided.

Options
2024-08-14 10:55:29 - last edited 2024-08-14 10:57:29

@SKYNe 

Hi, thanks for your update~

I am afraid that you have to contact MR50G technical support to continue the feedback. According to your reply, sorry that I have no further suggestions. Besides email, maybe you can contact their support Hotline. Also, I made a regrettable mistake that is to suggest you to share backup file here, which may leak your personal data. So it is suggested to this data asap.

Options