[Solved] UB500 does not pair with any Bluetooth device - Windows 11

2024-05-18 08:58:12 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: UB500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I bought a UB500 adapter recently to impart Bluetooth connectivity to my desktop operating with Windows 11. The dongle did not work. Desktop did detect Bluetooth devices, but every attempt to connect to them invariably lead to the error “We did not get any response from the device. Try connecting again”. 

I tried out all remedies posted on the web (updating device drivers, installing the latest windows updates, stopping & restarting Bluetooth services, using DISM & SFC commands to fix windows errors etc), but nothing worked.

Finally, I tried fixing the connectivity problem by using windows recovery option available under "settings", and that worked. I am able to connect Bluetooth devices to the desktop now. Here's the sequence of steps involved:

Search --> Settings --> Windows update --> Advanced options --> Recovery (under additional options) --> Fix problems using windows Update --> Click "Reinstall now", and go through the steps for reinstalling existing version of windows (without affecting apps, files & settings).

Re-installation will involve rebooting the system 2-3 times. Once windows re-installation is complete, one needs to reinstall relevant driver for UB500. 

I hope this solution would work for others facing the same problem. 

Options