Deco X50-5G 1.1.5 with Bridge Mode and Cell Lock

Deco X50-5G 1.1.5 with Bridge Mode and Cell Lock

27 Reply
Re:Deco X50-5G 1.1.5 with Bridge Mode and Cell Lock
2024-06-04 12:20:22 - last edited 2024-06-04 14:29:35

@David-TP 

Hello,

So i did the firmware rollback to 1.1.3 and i got B1+N78 in Auto Band.

But i would like to have the option to manually select what bands i want, that i don't have in this firmware.

Now with the ticket of engenier support am i suppost to wayt for contact?

Many thanks for the support.

Speedtest after rollback firmware

Options
3 weeks ago

@David-TP Hi David,

are there any news when Eco Mode / Wi-Fi schedule will be released for Deco X50-5G?

I want to turn off Wi-Fi during bedtime near our kids' bedrooms.

Kind regards

Dennis

Options
3 weeks ago

@David-TP Does bridge mode mean that WiFi on the X50-5G is (or can be) switched off?

Options
3 weeks ago

@David-TP can you say if the X50 5G router should work with external 4G antenna through the male RP SMA connectors? I am having problem to turn on the external antenna option under the external antenna part of the "more" menu having completed the connection to the SMA connectors. I am not sure I am following how to connect this device to "the Deco WiFi network first". Does that mean switch it out of the 4G/5G operation?

CK
Options
3 weeks ago

@ColinKilt 

Hi, you just have to turn the slider on, the router will no longer work with internal antenas, will utilize the external, im on 1.1.3 firmware.

Make sure the external antena is 5g compatible in order to get the 5g signal.

Options
3 weeks ago

@David-TP  I have bought a Deco X50-5G from Amazon so I can answer my questions about bridge mode, Wifi remains on in Bridge mode to provide remote control of the Deco (and to interfere with your existing Wifi network). Maybe this could be changed by a firmware update? No, because firmware updates are not available in bridge mode! My Deco X50-5G will be going straight back to Amazon. 

Options
Tuesday - last edited Tuesday

@David-TP hey, will it ever be possible to change the DNS Servers for WAN/IP on the Deco x50-5g?

right now its only possible to set DHCP DNS

Options
Tuesday

@David-TP Think i might just use this over priced 5G mesh bridged into an Omada TL-605 and just use the WiFi 6 Mesh capability, run my fibre connection straight into WAN on TL-605 and and have the 5G on the X50 5G for when fibre goes down. I assume this will work fine as long as i can still get access via Open VPN to access my mesh system via the Deco app?

Options
Wednesday

@MapleStreet 

Hi, I'm afraid Deco X50-5G still doesn't support changing the WAN/iPv4 DNS under 4G/5G router mode.

Thank you very much and Best regards.

Options
Wednesday

@FiGgS 

Hi, I'm a little curious of how you plan to connect Deco to the ER605. Is it like:

Do you plan to set Link failover on the ER605, for example: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2133/

And Deco X50-5G doesn't support VPN server/client yet. So I suppose you would set the VPN on the ER605?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Related Articles