Deco XE75/XE75 Pro_V1_1.4.1 supports Matter, Wi-Fi Access Control, ECO Mode and More.

Deco XE75/XE75 Pro_V1_1.4.1 supports Matter, Wi-Fi Access Control, ECO Mode and More.

50 Reply
Re:Deco XE75/XE75 Pro_V1_1.4.1 supports Matter, Wi-Fi Access Control, ECO Mode and More.
2 weeks ago

@David-TP 

Hi, a little confused regarding this article, it says it applies to both the xe75 and x75 pro however I can only find firmware 1.2.5 for the xe75 pro.

Options
Re:Deco XE75/XE75 Pro_V1_1.4.1 supports Matter, Wi-Fi Access Control, ECO Mode and More.
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Gaz_ 

Hi, this version hasn't been uploaded to the official websites and currently, a small part of users are able to detect this version on the Deco APP.

I'm requesting a temporarily download link from the web support now. It should be ready in the next few days.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Update:

The download links have been uploaded.

Please feel free to update here on how the new 1.4.1 firmware works, Thank you in advance!

@WiFiArmsrace I'm afraid there hasn't been a beta version for Deco XE75 Pro V2 yet. If there is, I'm sure it will be updated in the community as soon as possible.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2 weeks ago

@David-TP Unfortunately, I was unable to connect the Matter device. The Deco App successfully found my Tapo-L535E bulb and asked which network I wanted to connect it to (I tried both my IoT and main networks). After the bulb is connected and visible in the device list, the app gets stuck for some time on "connecting device to network" phase and then just tells me that it could not configure the device. Done many tries with no luck. The bulb manual also asks to activate IPv6, which I have done.

Additionally, I am unsure how to let the Google Home app know that my router can be used as a Matter Controller. Do you have any hints?

Options
2 weeks ago

@Yundin 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

I noticed you mentioned the smart light bulb was already visible on the Deco APP client list. In this way, it should be configured already and usually It will appear automatically under the "Smart Home".

And Deco XE75 Pro_V1 only supports matter since firmware 1.4.0. I noticed your Deco XE75 Pro_V1 is still on 1.2.5. Have you tried to manually update to the 1.4.1 first?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@David-TP updated my 3 XE75  pro last night and wish I hadn't!

Major issue is all my 12 KASA devices keep going offline, had to toggle mesh off and fast roaming off on each Kasa as well as setting all these devices to 2.4ghz only.

Also the option to use 6ghz for backhaul only is gone, so I've been forced to fully enable to get 6Ghz backhaul?

iPhone app shows a fully working wifi-backhaul connected satellite offline but light green and devices connected and working; same app on my iPad shows everything ok and satellite online!

I've tried refreshing the iPhone app multiple times and login out but still gives spurious errors. I have the same network name for 2.4, 5 and 6Gb so the devices can decide, perhaps my iPhone connection via the 6Ghz is causing the app issue?

Kasa has remained online for the last hour so maybe I have sorted the issue?

Everything worked perfectly in Deco XE75 Pro(EU)_V1_1.2.5 Build 20231226 how can I go back if these issues persist?

@David-TP All Kasa devices all went offline again while I was posting so I now have 12 useless Kasa plugs.

Hmm .. disabled 6 GHz and things seem more stable but no 6Ghz back haul now .. is this because I have the same name for all networks 2.4, 5 and 6GHz. When I removed and re-added one of my plugs the Kasa app couldn't see my network until I turned off the 6Ghz.  

UPDATE- SOLUTION: for disconnecting Kasa and cranky iPhone reporting!

Finally got things stable with all my Kasa plugs staying on line by moving them all to a seperate 2.4GHz  IoT network, arguably should have done this before BUT everything worked until this update!

Moral is get your network topology sorted before you do this update.

Also fixed iPhone app cranky reporting by deleting from my phone and reinstalling - works correctly now1

Options
a week ago
Can this software be run on the PX50. Been waiting ages for better Wi-Fi Access Control - Allow Lists. A very long time
Options
a week ago

@Mr_C 

Hi, Deco PX50 couldn't update to this version. Its firmware with Wi-Fi Access Control hasn't been ready yet.

If there is any further news, I'm sure the community will be updated promptly.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Tuesday

@David-TP 

I have 3 nodes of XE75 Pro, 4 nodes of XE75 and 2 nodes of X50 (firmware 1.5.5); After all units of XE75/XE75 Pro updated to 1.4.1, DECO app in my phone is showing wrong network topology (however the topology is correct within the web app  from tplinkdeco.net locally). Do you have any recommendations on fixing this issue? (I have already tried reinstall; logout; wipe cache etc)

Options
Tuesday

@WenteK 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

Can you share some screenshots of the network topology on the Deco APP as well as web UI interface?

Best regards.

Options
Tuesday

@David-TP 

I've sent the screeshot of the web-ui's network topology with DECO app's network topology through the DECO app; please take a look; Thanks!

Options