Parental Controls stopped blocking

2024-05-29 12:59:16 - last edited 2024-05-30 01:03:54
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20231229 Rel. 43148

I have a Deco X55(1.2) running firmware version 1.2.0 Build 20231229 Rel. 43148. I recently set up HomeShield to start filtering a couple devices on my network. I added Minecraft to the list of Blocked Apps and I'm fairly certain that it began to block access to Minecraft. After a couple of days, I noticed that Minecraft is accessible again, despite it still being listed in the Blocked Apps. The Most Used Apps section in the Deco mobile app is empty. Previously, it was showing a list of apps.

I have tried restarting the router, removing and adding Minecraft to the list of Blocked Apps again, and recreating the profile for my child. Nothing seems to block it again. I have noticed a lot of posts on the forum about parental controls not working after a period of time. Are there any known workarounds for this? HomeShield seems like a promising feature of the Deco routers, but if it cannot properly filter access to certain Internet services, I cannot justify continuing with a subscription.

Edit: Added note about Most Used Apps section.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Parental Controls stopped blocking
2024-06-03 10:05:15

@subpopculture 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

I would like to follow up on your case via email and forward it to the senior engineers for further assistance.

In the meantime, could you please help me check the following details:

1. Can I have the model number and operating system of the kid's device under the parental control profile?

2. Are you able to reproduce this issue on another mobile device under the same profile?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-06-03 12:49:17
I added answers to your questions in the support case.
Options
2024-06-03 12:59:59
Hello, Maybe it's the same problem that I have (XE75pro - https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/670392)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 309

Replies: 3

Related Articles