Connectivity Issues between TL-WR840N V6.20 Router and 165 Hz Monitor

2024-05-31 09:40:08 - last edited 2024-06-03 01:03:12
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

Hello TP-Link Community,

I am experiencing a perplexing issue with my TL-WR840N V6.20 router and my new 165 Hz monitor. I hope someone here can help me resolve it.

Problem Description:
I recently upgraded my setup with a 165 Hz monitor, but since then, I've been facing connectivity issues with my TL-WR840N V6.20 router. Here are the specifics:

Network Instability: The internet connection becomes unstable when the monitor is set to 165 Hz. The connection drops frequently, making it difficult to maintain a stable online presence, especially during gaming and video calls.

Speed Fluctuations: Even when the connection is stable, the internet speed fluctuates significantly. I notice a drop in bandwidth whenever the monitor operates at 165 Hz.

Ping Spikes: There are noticeable ping spikes when using the monitor at its maximum refresh rate, which severely affects online gaming.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

Firmware Update: I have updated the TL-WR840N V6.20 router to the latest firmware available on the TP-Link website.

Monitor Settings: I tried reducing the refresh rate of the monitor to 144 Hz and 120 Hz. Interestingly, the issue seems less severe at lower refresh rates, but persists nonetheless.

Interference Check: I made sure there are no physical interferences or other electronic devices that could be causing signal issues near the router and the monitor.

Cable Check: All cables (HDMI for the monitor, Ethernet for the router) are in good condition and properly connected.

Channel Adjustment: I adjusted the Wi-Fi channel on the router settings to avoid potential interference from other nearby networks.

Despite these efforts, the issue remains unresolved.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue with high refresh rate monitors affecting Wi-Fi connectivity? Any insights or solutions would be greatly appreciated. I'm open to any suggestions or steps I might have overlooked.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Options