WiFi extender via Cat 6

WiFi extender via Cat 6

WiFi extender via Cat 6
WiFi extender via Cat 6
2024-06-01 14:18:14

Afternoon all,

I am trying to understand if the setup I am planning to put in place is correct or not before purchasing it.

I have switched off the Wi-Fi from the the modem provided by my internet provider and have connected to this a TP-Link AX 55 Pro AX3000 router for the WiFi.

Unfortunately I do not have WiFi throughout the house and will need to buy extenders.

As I have also cabled the entire house, I would like to have WiFi extenders that can be connected in the dead zones to the Ethernet from which they can distribute WiFi signals rather than taking WiFi in and expanding this out. This should guarantee me a stronger signal.

To do that I checked online and it seems that RE700X should make the job.

Any thought please?

A very important point is that I would like to have one WiFi network throughout the house despite routers or WiFi extenders. Would one mesh function work also in this case?

Thanks a lot!

Options
3 Reply
Re:WiFi extender via Cat 6
2024-06-01 16:56:31

@DanieleDB 

Hi,

You cannot have a Mesh network with Ethernet Backhaul between the Archer AX55 Pro and the RE700X. None of the two devices supports this feature as of today.
But you can keep an eye on the first posts of the following two threads for any updates on Ethernet Backhaul for your devices.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/593722

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/644776

What you could do is to connect the RE700X to the AX55 Pro via Ethernet cable, configure the RE700X as "Access Point" and set the SSIDs of its Wi-Fi bands to be identical to those of the AX55 Pro's.
A disadvantage of this setup is that roaming between the AX55 Pro and the RE700X might not work well, as in this case it depends solely on the client device itself.

Options
2024-06-01 19:18:02

@woozle are you sure about it? I am 100% sure the RE700X can do it.

i checked reviews of this products and instructions. What I am not sure about is my router.

Options
2024-06-02 15:21:28

@DanieleDB 

If the RE700X indeed supports EasyMesh via Ethernet Backhaul, that would be great news. Quite a few people here have been asking for a range extender with Gigabit Ethernet port to support EasyMesh via Ethernet Backhaul. Can you maybe share the reviews and instructions that you've found? 

But in general, only the devices listed in the two threads I posted earlier support EasyMesh via Ethernet Backhaul. And I don't see the Archer AX55 Pro listed there.

Options