Best Deco model to replace M5

3 weeks ago
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

I am currently working from home and experiencing poor internet connection to the main deco.

The problem is the office where I work in is a new Garage Conversion extension, and the deco signal cannot get through so sometimes I get 2 bars on the signal strength, other times I get 1 bar and it becomes unstable.

I occasionally get round this by using the preferred deco connection option, as the ceilings are weaker blockers than the walls, so rather than trying to connect to the main deco, which is in the room opposite the office (but is blocked by walls), it connects to the deco unit upstairs.

The other problem is the office is on its own circuit so a powerline option wouldn't work

Then I also tried a powerline option to above the office, but although the M5 could could us preferred deco connection, the P9 doesn't allow it.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Best Deco model to replace M5
2 weeks ago

@df71 

Hi. welcome to the community.

Deco PX50 supports connection preference and powerline backhaul but it needs to work as the main Deco, and couldn't create Powerline Mesh with Deco P9.

General Questions about the Powerline or PLC Backhaul Feature of Deco

May I know how much of your internet bandwidth is?

If it is within 300m/s, I think you could replace Deco P9 with a pair of powerline adapters, such as TL-PA9020kit:

main Deco M5---<LAN cable>---master powerline adapter~~~~<electric wires>-----extended powerline adapter--satellite Deco M5

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 75

Replies: 1

Related Articles