HomeCare Parental Control not working

2024-06-03 09:23:56 - last edited 2024-06-03 10:11:01
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.9

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum and I thank you for your responses.

I recently bought a Deco XE75 pro because the parental control feature interests me a lot. I signed up for homeshield to have full control.
Unfortunately after creating the profiles and applying the restrictions, no sites are blocked.

I checked all the categories to test but I can go to all the sites... online betting site, online games, adults and other...
Do you know if there are any issues with this feature?

Thank you so much.

Options
5 Reply
Re:HomeCare Parental Control not working
2024-06-04 01:53:35

@gtkow 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Did you test the "Content Filters" under Parental Control?

Have you tried to manually add some of the sites under "Blocked Websites" to see whether they can be blocked?

I think certain websites haven't been included in the internal Content Filter database.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-06-04 06:49:03
Hello, thank you for your answer. Yes I am testing the "Content Filters" and none work. And yet I tried very well-known sites... (adult, online games, TikTok. Facebook, etc...). Same problem for safe-search. Nothing is filtered and neither is YouTube. If I manually add a site, it "works". The site does not load but there is no message indicating that it is a parental control. We only see the progress bar which freezes. Thank's a lot for your help
Options
2024-06-07 12:24:07

@gtkow It seems something is not quite right with the system at the moment; I have the opposite problem to yours: My older kids are raging because without warning Homeshield started blocking apps and websites they usually have access to, and I currently can't see the reason for the block, so I can't remove them without removing ALL limits, defeating the purpose of parental controls. I installed the XE75 pro system a week ago, upgraded from M9 Plus, and signed up for the extra security and parental controls due to the disappointingly bad free service compared to the M9 Plus Homecare. Currently it is even blocking some of Apples wifi-checking services on an iPad without any changes to settings. This is honestly a terrible mess.

Options
2024-06-18 08:53:28

@fywq 

Hi, Nice to see you again.

Can you leave me a message with the web links that happened to be blocked by Parental Control?

It is also highly appreciated if you could send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with the some screenshots of the blocked history/records about "Apples wifi-checking services" so that we could check what domains have been blocked as well.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-07-16 15:00:49

@David-TP Hi again David ;)

Sorry for the late response. For some reason I didn't get an email about responses to my posts.

Unfortunately I don't have screenshots because to preserve the family peace I went back to using an M9 as main Deco. I will make sure to post screenshots if I make the switch again later and experience the same problem.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 387

Replies: 5

Related Articles