Problems with casting when connected to the same Deco.

2024-06-05 08:35:47
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20240119

I use five Deco X20 devices. It seems that when my phone is connected to the same Deco-device as my wifi-speaker/chromecast, casting does not work. When my phone is connected to one of the other Deco-devices, I can cast.

I have allready checked my speaker and chromecast. They are working well. I just cannot connect with my client when I am connected with the same Deco-device.

All the devices seems to work, and all the clients are connected, according to the Deco-app. Can I change some settings or anything?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Problems with casting when connected to the same Deco.
2024-06-06 06:00:31

@Leon_D 

Hi, May I know how the 5*Deco X20 units are connected together? Does Deco X20 work in wireless router mode or Access Point mode?

Are you able to constantly reproduce this issue?

By the way, would there be any error message on the smartphone when casting is not working?

I don't think extra configurations are required. 

After checking the above details, I think I might need to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-06-06 07:42:15 - last edited 3 weeks ago

Goodmorning @David-TP, thank you for your answer.

I have 1 main device. Number 2 and 3 are connected to number 1, number 4 is connected to number 2, and number 5 is connected to number 3. This is because number 4 and 5 are (almost) out of reach of number 1.

My Deco's works in wireless router mode, my original router is turned off.

The problems I have are with device number 5, and this issue happens constantly. By attempting to cast I have no error messages, my smartphone keeps searching for the client (Harman Kardon Speaker or Google Chromecast, for instance). When my smartphone is connected to one of the other five devices I have no problems.

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@David-TP Do you have all the necessary information for further assistance?

For your information: I have also tried to reproduce this issue with one of the other Deco-units with the same result.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Leon_D 

Hi, Yes, I did have enough details. Sorry for the delay.

The case has been forwarded to the senior engineers. Please check whether you have received my email.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options