WiFi drop and high ping issues on Deco XE75 V2

2024-06-07 05:57:50 - last edited 2024-06-07 05:58:54
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Deco XE75(US)_V2_1.2.5 Build 20231225

Hello,

So my Deco XE75, V2 is connected directly to my modem via a Cat6 Ethernet, and another deco Xe75 and a M5 connected to the network via Ethernet, all connected via TP link Gigabit unmanaged switches via cat 6. The primary deco is the XE75.

My concern from the last few months is that, the deco won't allow certain devices to connect to the 5Ghz bandwidth and it completely keeps the device off the network. But the minute I switch to the 2.4ghz bandwidth the device immediately connects. 

This is more prominent in my LG smart TV and my laptop. I have a OMEN and a Z Book and both have issues when connected to the 5Ghz. I have also IoT network setup for my other devices, but they normally run on 2.4ghz. Is this an interference issue that tplink has not choosen to solve?

Quite recently I have noticed that the speed has been dropping significantly on my WiFi, I thought it was a providers issue, but upon connecting my laptop via ethernet I found that the wifi is working fine, as I got a ping of 2ms and a speed of 415 mbps on my plan of 400 Mbps via ethernet. 

I am feeling cheated with this as there is no support team present in India and even the deco xe75 is no longer shown on the official India website. I have tried calling and even submitting requests on their support page.

I have been mailing them continuously from the last three months but I don't think there is anyone monitoring those emails.

If tplink is not going to offer after sales services to such expensive and high end products, it's better they don't sell these here!

Options
1 Reply
Re:WiFi drop and high ping issues on Deco XE75 V2
2024-07-05 08:23:34

@hunter95 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Have you tried to enable the Guest Network for 5GHz only to see whether the LG TV, OMEN, and Z Book laptops could maintain a stable 5GHz connection?

It is also suggested to set a different Deco XE75 as the main Deco:

How to replace the main Deco with another Deco

As for the wireless speed, you could refer to this link to check whether it still keeps a decent link speed when it is dropping significantly on the WiFi:

How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

By the way, was the Deco XE75 purchased from the local market?

Thanks a lot and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 125

Replies: 1

Related Articles