Can't connect to Internet

2024-06-12 10:23:44 - last edited 2024-06-13 08:01:21

PLEASE HELP. I've been trying to setup and connect my new modem with no luck. 

Currently have Telstra FTTP with their series 2 modem. 

Got the VR2800 6 weeks ago and have tried almost everything to get it connected. (Except throwing it against the wall)! 😉

I am in need of a solution in layman's terms as I thought this modem was almost plug and play from the reviews I read. 

It is definitely not that simple to setup and the instructions that came with it do not work! 

Thanks in advance. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can't connect to Internet -Solution
2024-06-12 23:13:17 - last edited 2024-06-13 08:01:21

@Wrigs79 .

If you have an nbn connection box perhaps you should use the VR2800 in wireless router mode - here's how.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Can't connect to Internet -Solution
2024-06-12 23:13:17 - last edited 2024-06-13 08:01:21

@Wrigs79 .

If you have an nbn connection box perhaps you should use the VR2800 in wireless router mode - here's how.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can't connect to Internet
2024-06-13 08:06:44

@Wrigs79 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

TP-Link DSL modem routers support in 2 working modes, DSL modem router and wireless router. If the DSL modem is not connecting to the internet, you may try the following troubleshooting:

Case One--No internet on DSL modem router mode:

1. Make sure the DSL/phone cable is plugged into the DSL socket on the modem.

2. Check whether there is a valid internet IP address under Advanced > Status. 

(1) If the IP address is 0.0.0.0, check with the internet service provider whether you have got the correct username and password.

(2) If the IP address is not 0.0.0.0, go to Advanced > Network > internet > internet connections > Modify and change the DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4.

Case Two--No Internet on wireless router mode:

1. Make sure the LAN4/WAN port on the modem is connected to your NBN box or Ethernet jack on the wall.

2. Confirm wireless router mode is selected under Advanced > operation mode.

3. Check whether there is a valid internet IP address under Advanced>Status

(1) If the IP address is 0.0.0.0, check with the internet service provider about the internet configuration credentials.

(2) If the IP address is not 0.0.0.0, go to Advanced > Network > internet and change the DNS to be 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4

Get to know more troubleshooting steps, please refer to this thread: No internet service after quick setup

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 194

Replies: 2

Related Articles