Archer C80 EasyMesh network using Deco PX50
Archer C80 EasyMesh network using Deco PX50
2024-06-12 11:44:36 - last edited 2024-06-13 06:15:18
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.13.2

Hi community,

I have an Archer C80 V.1 using it as a Router and i saw it supports EasyMesh

I want to buy a Deco PX50 product (2 pieces) in order to have more signal, so the question is if i can configure both Archer and Deco to work togheter in WIFI mode using EasyMesh. An example of how i need to configure the network:

1) C80 is connected to the ISP and is acting as a router

2) PX 1 is the first Deco and must be connected to the C80 through WIFI (EasyMesh?)

3) PX 2 must be connected to PX 1 through WIFI and POWERLINE

Distance between C80 and PX1 is about 10 meters

Distance between C80 and PX2 is about 20 meters

It is possible to done this only using only EasyMesh and Powerline ?

Thank you

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Archer C80 EasyMesh network using Deco PX50-Solution
2024-06-12 19:49:06 - last edited 2024-06-13 06:15:18

@AlexCoxie 

The problem here is in 2) PX 1 is the first Deco and must be connected to the C80 through WIFI (EasyMesh?)

Main Deco must be wired to the main router. On the other hand Deco mesh is a TP-Link proprietary technology and it's not compatible with Easymesh.

It would be better to use another two routers (like C80 or similar) which support Essymesh with ethernet backhaul.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-06-19 15:26:09 - last edited 2024-06-20 03:21:58

@AlexCoxie 

If you set the PX50 in AP mode like this (powerline backhaul instead of ethernet backhaul):

and all the PX50 are on the same electrical circuit it should work - check this deployment guide - Part III (powerline mesh).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
2024-06-12 19:49:06 - last edited 2024-06-13 06:15:18

@AlexCoxie 

The problem here is in 2) PX 1 is the first Deco and must be connected to the C80 through WIFI (EasyMesh?)

Main Deco must be wired to the main router. On the other hand Deco mesh is a TP-Link proprietary technology and it's not compatible with Easymesh.

It would be better to use another two routers (like C80 or similar) which support Essymesh with ethernet backhaul.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer C80 EasyMesh network using Deco PX50
2024-06-12 20:42:14 - last edited 2024-06-12 20:47:11

@terziyski 

thank you for the reply, you were very clear.

So a possible scenario that i see is to buy 3 pieces, and the first one beeing installed near the router, doing that the router wifi will be disabled.

In this scenario a chain connection will work using both wifi and powerline?

Router + PX1 <-> PX2 <-> PX3 

Or 2 PX would be enough? For example eliminating the PX2 in the middle 

of the house...

Options
2024-06-12 21:47:08

@AlexCoxie 

I was thinking more like using two more wireless routers that support Easymesh - they could be either wirelessly or wire connected to C80.

Each of the three routers (C80 and the two new routers) are going to be used for wireless/wired access for your client devices.

If you plan a wired connections between routers they have to support an ethernet backhaul - list of routers that support it.

If you can use an ethernet cables, you can use Easymesh powerline products - details.

Options
2024-06-13 06:26:36

@AlexCoxie 

Hi, while TP-Link's Deco, Archer Router, and Omada EAP all support Mesh functionality individually, they are not designed to work together to form a single Mesh network. These product lines, although under the same brand (TP-Link), differ in their technology and software, preventing them from inter-operating in a unified Mesh network, you may still be able to use them together, but they won’t be able to form a single, unified Mesh network. In other term, if you use an Archer Router and a Deco system together, there won’t be any seamless roaming between the Router and the Deco system.

For more details, please refer to this article.

For your situation, you may also choose to use Deco mesh to replace the current router directly. For Deco PX50, the built-in mechanism will decide it work via Wireless Backhaul or Powerline Backhaul or both.

Options
2024-06-19 08:06:53

@Marvin_S 

Thank you for your answer, i don't want to use WIRES so the only solution i see is to disable the AP on the router and buy 3 Deco PX-50 with powerline feature, the first Deco will be connected through the LAN to the Router (locally), and the other two will be located in the position specified in the diagram above. in this way i will have a mesh wireless from DECO using also the powerline.

Could this setup be a solution to me?

Options
2024-06-19 15:26:09 - last edited 2024-06-20 03:21:58

@AlexCoxie 

If you set the PX50 in AP mode like this (powerline backhaul instead of ethernet backhaul):

and all the PX50 are on the same electrical circuit it should work - check this deployment guide - Part III (powerline mesh).

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 371

Replies: 6

Related Articles