Device isolation + Guest isolation: same or different?

2024-06-13 22:50:28
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I don't have my guest network turned on currently, but I wanted to check something before I configure it. My Decos are in router mode so from what I've read, the guest network should be isolated from the main network. I also currently have device isolation turned on and applied to everything across the IoT network (almost).

So simple question, is the guest isolation a different VLAN to the device isolation? ie, would my setup be:

VLAN (network) + VLAN (guest, isolated devices)

or

VLAN (network) + VLAN (guest) + VLAN (isolated devices)?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Device isolation + Guest isolation: same or different?
2024-06-14 07:13:05

@Riquende 

Hi, 

It should be like VLAN (network) + VLAN (guest) + VLAN (isolated devices). Device Isolation is not the same as Guest Network.

The Guest network is isolated from the main Network by default, but the IOT network can communicate with the main network. Device isolation is designed to provide a workaround to isolate some or all IOT devices from the main network.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Device isolation + Guest isolation: same or different?
2024-06-14 07:24:59

@David-TP 

Thanks, slightly related follow up question - is it possible to configure any of the Deco ethernet ports to be on the guest network also? And seperately, will ethernet-connected devices on the Decos have the option of being device isolated the way wifi clients do? I'd test this myself but I don't have an ethernet cable to hand right now.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 414

Replies: 2

Related Articles