Deco as an access point

Deco as an access point

Deco as an access point
Deco as an access point
a week ago - last edited Tuesday
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, I have a AX5400 router and I want to extend its range wiredly into a mesh, i dont want to have multiple wifis in home, I want only 1 wifi. When i search "can i connect decos with a router" it says that I can but I need to put them in a access point mode. Is that going to create a new wifi network or not? Is there a better way to set up a wired extention of wifi range with only having one wifi network (on your phone for example), and having router transmit the same wifi network as the given item (for example deco)?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco as an access point-Solution

@ZMarko 

Hi,

No matter the Deco is in AP mode or in wireless router mode, it will broadcast its own WIFI. It is suggested to use AP mode to avoid the double NAT issue.

If you only want one WIFI in your home, it is recommended to disable router's WIFI and only use Deco WIFI in your home.

You can press the WIFI button for more than 2 seconds to turn on or off the wireless function (the WIFI lights will turn off), or disable it on the website.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco as an access point-Solution

@ZMarko 

Hi,

No matter the Deco is in AP mode or in wireless router mode, it will broadcast its own WIFI. It is suggested to use AP mode to avoid the double NAT issue.

If you only want one WIFI in your home, it is recommended to disable router's WIFI and only use Deco WIFI in your home.

You can press the WIFI button for more than 2 seconds to turn on or off the wireless function (the WIFI lights will turn off), or disable it on the website.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options