Deco X50 access point Both with LAN, one goes very good, the second very bad

2024-04-29 17:52:36
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

Today I changed provider, with a new modem tplink 830v supplied to me by Wind Tre (italian provider) with the FWA ethernet connection, that is quite good: the modem speed is around 250mbps.

the house is very large and extensive, and I wired the two sides of the house and placed two Deco x50s set as access points, both connected VIA LAN (identical LAN cables) to the Tplink 830v modem, I can't connect the deco via LAN each other, because the LAN is centered to the router.

The main Deco has a wifi speed equal to the modem of approximately 250mbps, while the second Deco (also in LAN) has a speed equal to 20mbps. Rebooted and reset several times, I also tried to reverse them, but only one always remains very slow.

the modem's LAN settings are standard, but I only prioritized the Ip of both Deco and left them static IP.

I also excluded the main modem's wifi, without any change.

Please let me know if I can do something, before I launch to the sea!

Many thanks for any idea or solutions!

Paolo

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X50 access point Both with LAN, one goes very good, the second very bad
2024-04-30 07:21:18

@PaSo 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Is " new modem tplink 830v" EX820v

https://www.tp-link.com/it/service-provider/wifi-router/ex820v/

As for the network topology, is it like this:

Have you checked on the Deco APP that the satellite Deco X50 works on Ethernet Backhaul?

It is also suggested to unplug the satellite X50 and connect the same Ethernet cable to a laptop to check how much speed on the computer.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options