Question - multiple backhauls via Deco PX50 and XE75 hybrid mesh?

2024-06-19 18:33:32
Model: Deco PX50   Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Is it possible to combine the Deco PX50 and Deco XE75 to create a faul-tolerant "multiple backhaul" mesh network?

In short, I'm thinking of a topology like so:

[ISP Modem + Router] ==> Ethernet Switch ===> Deco PX50 (main)         ==> 2x PX50 (secondary, PowerLine backhaul)
                                         ||                                     
                                         ||=> Deco XE75 (AP/secondary) ==> 2x XE75 (secondary, 6GHz backhaul)             

The intent is to have redundant coverage through a mid-sized home with redundant backhaul (i.e. link the main PX50 and a non-main XE75 via ethernet, and then everything else either uses Powerline backhaul or 6GHz backhaul).

Would this be a reasonable approach? i.e. should I reasonably expect the XE75 and PX50 units to "play nice" with each other and form a single wifi 6 mesh (and presumably this mix of ethernet/powerline/6GHz backhaul provides "the best of all possible worlds" in terms of performance and connection quality)?

I'd ideally like to have multiple "main" devices, but to my knowledge, this isn't possible. So, the above seems about as ideal as I can make this setup.

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Question - multiple backhauls via Deco PX50 and XE75 hybrid mesh?
2024-06-20 06:01:13

@HotdogOnAWire

Hi,

The two models can work together to build a Deco network, but the powerline backhaul will only take effect between PX50 units as XE75 does not support powerline backhaul.

General Questions about the Powerline or PLC Backhaul Feature of Deco.

The topology can work if you set the Deco as access point mode。

If you want them to work in wireless router mode, please connect the first XE75 to PX50 instead of to switch directly. Like this:

[ISP Modem + Router] ==> Ethernet Switch ===> Deco PX50 (main)         ==> 2x PX50 (secondary, PowerLine backhaul)
                                                  ||                                     
                                                  ||=> Deco XE75 (AP/secondary) ==> 2x XE75 (secondary, 6GHz backhaul)   
Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options