Issues with mixed deco network

2024-06-21 11:42:52
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.04

I recently added an X50 into my existing M5 configuration, the X50 is now my main entry point connected to the router and the 3 M5's I had are now satellites of the X50. 

The app shows me that all of my devices are however connected to the X50, even if I am on another floor and/or closer to one of the M5 units. I also seem to have more issues getting some of my M5's connected to the network. Using network scanning I can clearly see there is a decent availability of my network some of my M5's take a very long time to connect or even refuse to connect unless I relocate them (a lot). 

Also access to the internet seems very erratic, one moment I can get my full speed (I have a 200M+ download provision), the next moment it's like 10 times less sitting next to the main entry point. 

The deco's should be compatible, but I have the impression this is a should with some caveats. 

Anybody else that faced issues or that can tell me if I am overlooking something? Never had these issues with the M5 only network. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Issues with mixed deco network
2024-06-22 11:18:59

@Wokoman 

How are the M5 connecting to the X50?

Does the app show the M5 as satellites of the X50?

Options
Re:Issues with mixed deco network
2024-06-26 01:07:33

@Wokoman 

Hi, could you please refer to this link to help me submit the Deco APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

I noticed you mentioned there was also an ISP-provided router in front of the Deco X50. Have you tried to set Deco into Access Point mode to see whether it helped with the current issue:

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

And it would also be highly appreciated if you could share some screenshots of your network map on the Deco APP, such as:

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options