EasyMesh + OneMesh
EasyMesh + OneMesh
a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20210416 Rel. 61543

Hello
I have 2 TP-Link devices:
1) Archer AX10 (Firmware 1.3.10 Build 20240130 Rel. 77367(4555))
2) RE305 (EU3.0) (Firmware
1.1.5 Build 20210416 Rel. 61543)
Both devices have latest firmware.

I can't build mesh network. Repeater works fine only if it is configured with own SSID.
I tried to enable easymesh setting on Archer. After that I go to RE305 admin interface. It identifies main router as mesh device. It even connects for a dozen seconds but then connection lost and never back live until software reset of the repeater
and re-configurating it as generic repeater not the mesh device.
Could you add support of an old OneMesh to Archer X10 or support of EasyMesh to RE305 repeater?
Is any other way to make these devices to work together in seamless network?
Please don't suggest to buy newer costly hardware as my budget is too low atm.
Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:EasyMesh + OneMesh
a week ago

@_MBO_ 

Hi

Both RE305 V3 and AX10 support OneMesh. It is recommended that you refer to the following link to configure the OneMesh network: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2508/

Options
a week ago

@Joseph-TP 
Hi
Thanks for your advice but it does not work. I tried to link devices using all possible variants:
1) using admin web interface
2) using WPS button
3) using Tether mobile app.
Devices connect for about 10-15 seconds and then connection breaks forever. Location of repeater is ok, signal is strong. The only working solution for me is to disable mesh and using RE305 as generic repeater with own SSID.
Is there any debug option in RE305 or AX10 to find out why connection breaks?

Options
a week ago

@_MBO_ 

Hi

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on the TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID240646901, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options