Easymesh 6G band not broadcasted

2024-06-24 01:59:35 - last edited 2024-06-24 15:31:33
Model: Archer BE805  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.10 Build 20240318 rel.63271

Hi. I am running 2 Archer BE805 under Easymesh Ethernet Backhaul. I notice the below 

Main Router Broadcasting

- Smart Connect (2G & 5G band) network

- 6G band network

- MLO network

BE805 Easymesh Satellite Broadcasting

- Smart Connect (2G & 5G band) network

I understand from another post that MLO is not supported in Easymesh but why my BE805 Easymesh Satellite is not broadcasting my 6G band network. Thanks.

Update:

I notice that my BE805 Easymesh Satellite is still Broadcasting it's default 6G band network (Easymesh Satellite Default 6G SSID). That default 6G SSID can be connected using it's default router password despite it is already being configure as Easymesh Satellite. And after connecting thru that router default SSID, I can access my main router setting page. This is a security concern as i can access my main router thru my easymesh satellite's default ssid & password. 

Options
6 Reply
Re:Easymesh 6G band not broadcasted
2024-06-24 15:32:22
Update new observation
Options
2024-06-25 07:16:16

@Eon83 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

Can you take factory reset and reconfigure the satellite router again to double-check?

Can you swap the main router and satellite router to check whether the issue still happens on a "new" satellite router?

Thanks for your cooperation.

Options
2024-06-25 15:10:43

@Marvin_S I had tried both the below suggestion but the issue still remains. The satellite router will still broadcast it's own default 6G band SSID which is accessible using the default pin.

I did notice a few more observation.

- changing the channel of the 6G band in the main router, does not affect the satellite router's 6G band channel

- selecting "hiding SSID" for main router does not affect the satellite router as well. The satellite router still broadcast the SSID that i choose to hide. (Applies to both 2.4G & 5G band)

Marvin_S wrote

@Eon83 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

Can you take factory reset and reconfigure the satellite router again to double-check?

Can you swap the main router and satellite router to check whether the issue still happens on a "new" satellite router?

Thanks for your cooperation.

Options
2024-06-26 07:10:02

@Eon83 

Hi, thanks for your update.

Sorry, I just confirmed that 6GHz networking is also not supported by Easymesh and what you described is normal. 6Ghz settings of main router do not synchronize to satellite router,

So you can still see 6GHz SSID, which it is not hidden, and it does not support to edit now.

We have confirmed that Archer BE805 will support 6G networking via Easymesh in the near future.

Options
2024-07-04 14:41:33

@Marvin_S 

Hi, can you help to confirm if IoT and Guest network will be broadcasted by the satellite devices in the next firmware release?  Facing same security issue as Eon83. Thanks.

Options
2024-07-05 07:32:23

@Kush98 

Hi, I am afraid that the feature you mentioned can not be done in the next firmware release. This feature is not supported on all TP-Link routers, and we have log and pass it along to the related team.

Before adding as satellite router, it is under factory reset condition. After setting up Easymesh network, there should be no way to configure IoT and guest network on satellite router, because it does not support to log into the web UI page. So may I confirm how did you find security issue?

Options