BE230 main router AXE75 satellite mode unstable

2024-06-28 10:49:21
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer AXE75(US)_V1_1.2.0 Build 20240320 / Archer BE230(US)_V1_1.0.2 Build 20240425

I have a AXE75 end of last year. But unfortunately my home have too many "construction wall" that affect the signal.

therefore, I am happy that the new BE230 launched. I get the new one and want to extend the cover and enforce the signal.

Firstly they work well and I could see the improvements immediately.

but unlucky that I found some bug.

i am using BE230 as a main router and AXE75 as a satellite, I use EasyMesh to connect them together. 

I tried many times, during the first few hours all devices inside the network are working perfect. But after few hours. I cannot login to the network devices via the satellite router. Including NAS, camera, and another IoT devices.

I need to restart the AXE75, satellite, manually. It work again, but still happen / repeats above issues again after few hours.

Thought that there have some of the bug in the firmware? If tow of this device is not compatible, then it won't be connected when start..

It make me very frustrated to keep reset / reboot the satellite router.

i hope that there have a update firmware version could solve this issues as soon as possible...

Options
3 Reply
Re:BE230 main router AXE75 satellite mode unstable
2024-07-01 03:12:29

@ASURADA-VEDA 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

May I confirm some information to understand your situation better?

1. How far did you locate the AXE75  away from the BE230? Are they connected via Ethernet cable?

2. How many devices are connected to Archer AXE75 usually? 

3. Are NAS, camera, and another IoT devices all the devices that disconnect to the AXE75 when the issue happens? Or the wirelss connection still work but but there is no internet on these devices? And are they connected to which Wi-Fi band usually? 

4. Can a normal phone get internet from the satellite router normally always?

Options
2024-07-01 16:21:57

@Marvin_S 

Hi, Marvin_S

thank you for your respone here.

1. My 2 of the router placed between 8 to 10 meter around. And they are not conected with cable. i use the wifi to connet.

2. normally 4 to 5 devices are connected to AXE75 usually.

3. those IoT device is connet to the 2,4G iot channel.

4. i haven;t try this.

But anyuhow, in this 2 days i reset the whole network and just turn off the IoT channel option. then it mke the network working well right now.

Maybe the bug is in the IoT option if we use. hope it could solve with next firmware update.

thanks you. 

Options
2024-07-02 08:18:29

@ASURADA-VEDA 

Hi, thanks for your detailed feedback.

Does the 2.4GHz  IoT channel mean 2.4GHz IoT network? If so, that may be the reason.

Archer AXE75 does not support IoT network. And Easymesh network does not support synchronize IoT network to satellite router.

So maybe your IoT devices were still connected to main router, the connection is unstable due to distance and wireless interference.

Options