Deco X50/X55 V1 1.5.5 Optimize The Overall App Experience / Network stability

Deco X50/X55 V1 1.5.5 Optimize The Overall App Experience / Network stability

134 Reply
Re:Deco X50/X55 V1 1.5.5 Optimize The Overall App Experience / Network stability
a week ago

@MiXAL 

I unplugged everything and set B818 up again. I couldn't believe that it would be that bad. Went thru every menu and disabled everthing but left wifi active with different SSID and finally put it to Bridge mode. So far it is looking good. Will not upgrade from X50 v1.5.1 and x50 Outdoor v1.2.4 for now. Quite a lot different options to to disable on B818. If you have similar symptons check the modem settings, it might be there.

Options
Re:Deco X50/X55 V1 1.5.5 Optimize The Overall App Experience / Network stability
a week ago

@David-TP 

Hello,
I have a Deco x50 updated to Firmware version 1.5.5 Rel 44414  A1.0 and the OpenVpn Client is not working for me.

I use a paid VPN, Private Internet Access. I have tried other VPNs and none work for me in OpenVpn configuration.

The vpn returns “connected” and the ip and dns field are filled in but the devices connected to the VPN return “No internet access”,

I have tried the same configurations on an xe75 (Firmware 1.2.9 Rel 39578) and everything works normally, both paid and free OpenVpn.

Of the free versions i have tried ProtonVPN if you need it for a test.

I notice that xe75 doesn't have WireGuard and the x50 doese.

Was there a bugs with the last update? can you check?

Can you tell me a firmware for x50 that I can load that has OpenVPN VPN working?

Options
a week ago

@Pascal_DECO_94 

Hi, I think, like "Camera Security", you might need to switch Deco X50-1.5.5 as the main Deco to view the CPU/Memory usage as Deco XE200 doesn't support these features yet.

Best regards.

Options
a week ago

@FabriM Thanks for the feedback. I'd like to follow up on your case and ask the senior engineer for more advice. Please check whether you have received my email.

Best regards.

Options
a week ago

@David-TP Hi David, I am on 1.5.5 for 3 weeks now with my v1.0 Deco X50 (eu). 

the 2 biggest remaining issues are:

- that some devices in the IoT network are shown as "offline" as where they are actually on-line; this is also reported by another user. 

- the client list is not renewed upon opening of the deco app. The app shows the list of clients and their statusses of the last time it was opened. If I renew the cliënt list, this does not help. The only way to get the real client list and the correct on-offline status is to quit and re-open the app several times. But then the network crashes for an couple of minutes. After that the app shows the clients correctly and connections are restored. (Not the IoT network : that still shows some devices offline as where they are not) 

I read something about firmware 1.6.0 for Deco X50 v1. Is that firmware solving these issues? And when is this firmware coming?

Options
a week ago

@David-TP Not sure if.youre looking for feedback on the 1.6.0 X55 beta as well here but one thing I want to say about the client bandwidth limiter feature. I don't believe what you said in your reply to me is how the feature is supposed to work.

I notice that it only works when VPN is not connected, as soon as VPN is connected the client can use unlimited bandwidth, and this should be controlled by the software no matter if VPN is in use or not.

Other than that I'm still having issues with the deco app showing online wifi devices without a connection icon in the client list either for the main deco units, it seems to work fine for the otherr deco units.

Options
a week ago
mixig the x55 with ex75 pro x55 firmware 2.0.6 ex75pro 1.2.11 just trying cofirm the firware upto date
Options
Friday

@tonyjp2022 

Hi, the ISP-customized version often starts with 2.x.x. Your current Deco X50 and Deco XE75 Pro both have the latest firmware versions.

Best regards.

Options
Friday

@JanRekenaar 

@Loon926xx  Thanks for the update. I do appreciate all the feedback for the 1.6.0 beta version. 

I think the client list optimization is an ongoing, long-term project. There are related bug fixes mentioned in nearly every release note. However, I still receive continuous feedback.

I do notice the official 1.6.0 version is under testing and will provide more updates in the community as soon as it is ready for further testing.

@Loon926xx , the VPN connection is no longer under the control of the Deco Speed limit, which is not ideal, but is how Deco currently deals with the VPN network packets. As far as I know, the official 1.6.0 hasn't made any adjustments yet.

If possible, You could start a new feature request here first, I will follow up on this feedback and update later if there are any optimization plans in the future.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Saturday

@David-TP 

I think that TP-Link should really move into open source firmware as OpenWRT or DDWRT. I feel that we (the customers / users) are the test subjects of your ongoing betas or WIP. Don't you guys have paid test team? Come on...

Options