P110M will not remove cloud connection on reset (and gives no values when cloud is not avail.)

P110M will not remove cloud connection on reset (and gives no values when cloud is not avail.)

2024-07-05 18:36:26
Model: Tapo P110M  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

out of the box this plug pairs instantly via Matter to Homeassistant (Which is why I bought this model in the first place). After that the TP-Link integration in HA picks up the energy monitoring functions while waiting for the new Matter integration (v. 1.3) for that. At start it showed 20 Entities.

To check for Firmware Updates I also added the Plugs to the Tapo App. Suddenly the plugs requires authentication in HomeAssistant and some Values are removed (even when logged in).

So I removed them from the Tapo App and did a factory reset and re-did the Matter setup and even now 3 Entities are still missing and the info shows the cloud connection is still active! And when blocking Internet for that devices it refuses to operate after the next powerloss even locally (which is what I intend)

The device shoud completeley delete every bit of configuration on a reset! Please fix with the next Update.

For Homeassistant Users: Never connect the Plug to the Tapo App if you intend local use only!

Options
3 Reply
Re:P110M will not remove cloud connection on reset (and gives no values when cloud is not avail.)
2024-07-09 08:11:46

@ha_matter_user 

The consistent active cloud connection issue will be fixed in the following firmware update. I'll update here once it is released.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:P110M will not remove cloud connection on reset (and gives no values when cloud is not avail.)
2024-07-09 08:53:53 - last edited 2024-07-09 08:54:39

@Wayne-TP 

Thanks for the quick reply! I eagerly wait for the new firmware version then.

I also hope that more devices get Matter support soon!

Options
2024-07-22 03:26:11

Wayne-TP wrote

@ha_matter_user 

The consistent active cloud connection issue will be fixed in the following firmware update. I'll update here once it is released.

Relevant fixes for Tapo P110M(EU) are online on the firmware 1.2.3 Build 240617 Rel.153525. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 247

Replies: 3

Related Articles