Deco S7 Internet constantly disconnects after update

2024-07-17 22:44:20
Model: Deco S7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20240711 Rel. 38529

Hello, after the last update in June, Deco S7 started to disconnect constantly even if there is internet and the red light is on and it automatically connects after 5 minutes. I installed the July update today 1.5.1 Build 20240711 Rel. 38529. But it seems like the problem is not fixed and I'm still experiencing breakouts. The device, which was problem-free until the last 3 updates, This really puts me in a difficult situation. I work from home but it keeps disconnecting. Please make an update to solve this problem. If there is something you want to learn, I would be happy to give you information.

Options
11 Reply
Re:Deco S7 Internet constantly disconnects after update
2024-07-18 02:13:37 - last edited 2024-07-18 02:18:53

@Onat 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

I'd love to escalate your case to the senior engineers for future assistance.

But could you help me check the following details:

•  Did you have the "red light" on both Deco S7 units? 

•  Did Deco S7 work in wireless router mode or AP mode? Is the satellite S7 wirelessly connected to the main Deco S7 into the Mesh system, or via an Ethernet cable?

•  May I know who is your internet service provider?

I noticed you mentioned when Deco S7 was disconnected and turned red, the internet service was still working. Do you have an ISP-provided router in front of the main Deco S7? or how did you test the internet connection from the ISP?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-07-18 06:14:42

@David-TP    

.both decos turn to red light

.1 of the decos is connected to the main modem with an ethernet cable and installed as main deco . The 2nd deco is connected to the main deco wirelessly

.ı live in Turkiye. My isp is Turknet firm.

I have 2 phones for testing, 1 of them is directly connected to the ISP modem wirelessly and the other is connected to the deco. When the decos turn red, the wireles icon becomes an exclamation point and the internet is disconnected. At the same time, I look at the phone connected to the ISP modem and the internet continues to work without any problems. So, there is no internet in the 5-minute decos, but actually the ISP modem is working and there is internet. When the decos turn white on their own, the internet comes through the deco again.

Options
2024-07-20 21:40:49

@David-TP is there any solution for this. Should go for warranty ? I am not happy to use this decos after new updates. You need to solve this issues immediately.

Options
2024-07-22 02:06:27

@Onat 

Hi, Thank you very much for the update.

Have you tried to set Deco S7 into Access Point mode?

We could try to revert to 1.4.5 via firmware recovery as a temporary solution:

How to use firmware recovery if the Deco become brick

In the meantime, I have also escalated your case to the senior engineer for further assistance.

Please refer to the email for more suggestions.

Best regards.

Options
2024-07-22 08:44:01

@David-TP Today I changed it to the mode you mentioned. Now I'm using it with access point mode and I'm observing it, let's see if there will be any problems. Thank you for reporting the problem to the engineers. I think a comprehensive update will solve the problem. hope this update will be released soon. You can test it with me too.

Options
2024-08-07 16:48:09

@Onat has this been resolved. I've also got a deco s7 and I'm experiencing the same issue. 

I've tried using the unit in both router and access point mode and both mode are proble

Options
2024-08-07 17:44:58

@Zyd   Hello, my problem was solved when I turned the main modem into an access point. I haven't had any problems since then.       I set it up like this. I think the deco I was having trouble with was my main deco. I made the second deco the main deco and changed the deco that was having trouble to the second deco. I also made the deco access point mode and had no problems.  Try it yourself by changing the places of the decos and switching to access point mode.

Options
a week ago

Same problem here. For the last 2 days both S7 disconects from network. They ve been working fine for the last year, any solution to this?

Options
a week ago

@Hernan10ARG hello for me the solituon is the previous answer. #8. answer

Options
a week ago

@Onat thank you! read that one! but why it stop working suddenly after a year?

Can´t use that mode cause i shoud change the config of more that 30 domotic devices. I need to fix the issue

If i disconect 1 deco the other works fine

Options