Votes

DMZ setup

DMZ setup
DMZ setup
2024-07-19 00:32:31
Model: Deco X50-5G  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.5

Dear TP-link software and hardware engineers.

Greetings,,, 

I have bought the x50-5g device and I am impressed of the performance of the device and how high the download can get as well as the upload. I am making this comparison to a H112–372 Huawei 5G device. 

and the TP – link performance was better in every scenario. It’s achieved numbers that I have never seen before. However, there is something crucial to the gaming community that is missing, which is the DMZ option that would ease up the port opening situation.

I hope you can make this feature available across all your devices because it’s an important one.

Thank you for reading.

Sincerely,,,

Abdullah Ashour.

Options
2 Reply
Re:DMZ setup
2024-07-19 03:45:55

@Abdullah3ashoor 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Since DMS meant opening all the ports for the server, It is quite unsafe. May I know why you want to use DMZ?

Have you tried to enable UPNP and Port Forwarding?

Also for the 5G mobile service, many carriers use CG-NAT service and most times, the internet IP on the 5G gateway isn't a public IP address. So even though you could enable DMZ on the Deco, there is still one more NAT on the ISP side.

Thanks again and best regards.

Options
Re:DMZ setup
2024-07-19 03:51:50
Dear David-TP,,, Thank you for the quick reply. Yes i have used the UPNP setting and tried to do manual port forwarding but couldn't get the hang of it. I use these settings mainly for gaming on the PS5 and found them to be very useful on different routers. Port Forwarding requires internal and external port which i dont understand lol in this area i do need help. Sincerely,,, Abdullah Ashour.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 188

Replies: 2

Voters 1