Deco Network: Devices Losing Internet Connection - Seeking Solutions

2024-07-20 10:20:21
Model: Deco BE85  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.18 Build 20240409

Dear Community,

I am experiencing frequent issues with some devices not connecting to the WiFi network. Additionally, my PC, which is connected via LAN, often cannot access the internet after being shut down and turned on again. It seems like the DHCP server is not assigning the correct IP. Interestingly, the network and internet access continue to work for most devices, and the problem only resolves for the affected devices after a full reboot of the Deco system.

1. What is the current network diagram?

The setup is as follows: The main router from the ISP is connected directly to the fiber connection. One of the Deco systems is connected to the ISP router through the 10Gbps WAN port. The second Deco is connected to the main Deco via a 10Gbps LAN connection.

2. What is the LED status of the Deco when you lose connection? How do you restore it?

The LED remains green, and the connection is restored only after a system reboot.

3. At that time, with a computer connected to the main Deco directly, can you access the internet?

My PC is connected to the secondary Deco.

Any suggestions on how to resolve these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco Network: Devices Losing Internet Connection - Seeking Solutions
2024-07-22 01:35:52

@Rambor 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know how many online clients you have connected to the Deco Mesh system?

Can I have the model number of the devices that frequently drop out of the internet connection?

By the way, how often did the internet connection drop out on these devices?

In the meantime, I would like to follow up on your case via email.

Please check whether you can receive my email later.

Best regards

Options
2024-07-22 05:55:50

David-TP wrote

@Rambor 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know how many online clients you have connected to the Deco Mesh system?

Can I have the model number of the devices that frequently drop out of the internet connection?

By the way, how often did the internet connection drop out on these devices?

In the meantime, I would like to follow up on your case via email.

Please check whether you can receive my email later.

Best regards

@David-TP Hi,

I usually have around 24 clients connected to the mesh system, and this issue happens at least once a day. It mainly occurs when devices go to sleep and aren't assigned a new IP address when they wake up. The rest of the network keeps working as far as I can see, and the DECO app shows no signs of a network issue. However, these devices stop working after waking up, and resetting the network is the only thing that works.

I've assigned them fixed IP addresses to see how it behaves, but this isn't a solution I can rely on. I have some IoT devices that I can't constantly monitor to see if they drop off the network.

I won't include the model number here, but I can provide that information once I receive the private email (still haven't received one).

The models are:

• Steam Deck OLED
  • Nintendo Switch OLED
  • Marvel AQtion 10Gbit Network Adapter (Ethernet PC Card)
Options
2024-07-22 06:03:07
I can confirm that the IPs are not being assigned to devices that went to sleep and then reconnected, or to any new devices. I have a Samsung Odyssey G8 OLED with WiFi that couldn't connect, but after assigning it a fixed IP using the MAC address, it was able to join the network immediately.
Options